Speedway Universal Brake System Builder Kit, Lines/Fittings/Valves
Universal Fit, Steel
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Reliable Brakes at a Great Price
Build a reliable 3/16” brake line system for any domestic, European, Japanese or British vehicle at a reasonable price. We applied our decades of experience to select quality components including all the hard line, valves and fittings you’ll need to complete the job. Just add your flex lines and brakes.
Double-Walled, Easily-Workable Brake Line
Hard brake lines are made from low-carbon steel, double-walled with a copper-brazed bond and meet or exceed SAE standards. The brake lines have a 3,400 psi working pressure rating and a high tensile strength to resist vibration and fatigue. You can bend this line with hand tools to make smooth bends around nearly any chassis, and it works with 45° double (inverted) flare or 37° AN single flare fittings.
Plenty of Brake Line and Hardware
A generous amount of brake line plumbs your street rod, muscle car, race car, or pickup truck. A 25-foot roll of 3/16” steel brake line and six, 60” steel straight brake lines are included. Pre-flared straight lines come with 3/8”-24 inverted flare nuts installed. Master cylinder steel dual brake lines come with the kit, pre-bent at 90° at the master cylinder end and pre-flared with 3/8”-24 inverted flare nuts installed. Included line clamps and tabs can be mounted anywhere on the frame using self-tapping screws, bolts, rivets, etc.
Easy, Reliable Brake Setup
Setting the brake balance is easy with an included Wilwood adjustable proportioning block. The compact aluminum block is conveniently labeled for easy installation, and has a brake light switch with wire pigtails. All ports are standard 3/8”-24 inverted flare female for easy attachment with standard brake lines. Residual valves are included to maintain pressure in the line. Two, 2 psi and one 10 psi polished aluminum residual valves are included. Residual valves keep pressure in the brake system and prevent brake fluid from gravity feeding back to the master cylinder, maintaining a high and firm brake pedal.
Make any brake system build easy and economical with the Speedway Motors Universal Brake System Builder Kit.
- All-in-one kit for building 3/16” domestic, European, Japanese and British brake lines.
- Includes hard lines, adapters and fittings to plumb nearly any brake system from street rod, muscle car, race car or pickup.
- Use with disc/disc or disc/drum systems, manual or power brakes.
- Hard lines are made of low-carbon steel, zinc plated, and easily workable.
- Double walled brake line with a copper brazed bond meets or exceeds SAE standards and resists vibration and fatigue.
- Includes 25-foot roll of 3/16” O.D. steel brake line, 0.028” wall thickness
- Includes six, 60” steel straight lines, pre-flared with 3/8”-24 inverted flare nuts installed
- High tensile steel has a 3,400 psi working pressure rating, 12,559 psi burst rating and tensile strength of 42,050 psi
- Wilwood adjustable proportioning block is included to make setup simple.
- Compact anodized aluminum block features built-in proportioning valve for rear brakes
- Integrated brake light switch on front port
- Includes wire pigtails for brake light switch, ready to splice into your wiring harness
- Standard 3/8”-24 inverted flare female ports for easy attachment with standard brake lines, and included kit fittings
- Rear circuit has single inlet and single outlet with adjustable valve
- Front circuit has single inlet and dual outlets
- All-in-one labeled proportioning block makes plumbing brakes easy
- Polished aluminum residual valves included to maintain brake line pressure for a high and firm pedal
- (2) 2 psi valves (for disc brakes)
- (1) 10 psi valve (for drum brakes)
- Kit comes with 10 rubber coated insulated line clamps to hold brake line securely in place without wearing down outside of line.
- Line clamps can be affixed to the frame using self-tapping screws, bolts, rivets, etc.
- Enough adapters to fit residual valves and rear axle brass Tee fitting:
- (6) 1/8” NPT to 3/8”-24 straight and (2) 90-degree adapters for proportioning valves and rear brakes
- (5) 3/8” IFF tube nuts to use 25’ roll from proportioning valve back, and from valve forward
- (2) 3/8”-24 IFF unions to work with straight brake lines included in kit
- (1) 3/8”-24 to AN 3 fitting to lock into frame tab and allow use of AN 3 flex line down to rear axle Tee fitting
- (1) 1/8” NPT to AN 3 fitting for rear axle Tee to accept AN 3 flex line
- Kit also comes with two sets of removable brake line tabs.
- First set features .63” ID round hole, and two 3/16” mounting holes; comes as a pair
- Second set features .68” ID hole with unique star-style shape similar to OEM brake tabs; fits many OEM hoses from ’69-‘88 GM calipers; uses a single 3/16” mounting hole; comes as a pair
Learn more about the proper uses of residual valves by reading our tech article. Brake System Selection.
Learn more about flaring lines for our automotive fittings by reading our tech article. The Principles of Automotive Fittings.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
3/16 Inch Steel Brake Line, 60 Inch LongPart # 91031800-60Qty x 6
Speedway Universal Brake System Builder Kit, Lines/Fittings/ValvePart # 61785701Qty x 1
More Like This
Mild Steel 45 Degree Inverted Flare Brake Line Kit
3/16 Inch Steel Brake Line
Speedway 3/16 Inch Steel Brake Line, 25 Ft. Roll
Speedway Universal Mild Steel -3 AN Complete Brake Line Kit
Dual Outlet Master Cylinder Steel Dual Brake Line Kit
Dual Outlet Master Cylinder Steel Dual Brake Line Kit w/ Adapters
Stainless Steel -3 AN Brake Line Kit, 3-Hose, 20 Ft. Tubing
Speedway Stainless Steel Brake Line, 3/16 Inch, 20 Ft. Roll
Stainless Steel -3AN Brake Line, 3 Each Braided Hose Kit
Stainless Steel -3 AN Brake Line Kit, 4-Hose, 40 Ft. Tubing
Q & A
Learn how to install the floor plan, brake lines, and motorplate in a 410 sprint car as we launch our 410 Sprint Car Build.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Check out the 410 sprint car brake installation and bleeding the brakes! We're making serious progress on our build.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn about the different types of brake valves. Our guide covers Metering, Residual, Proportioning, and Combination valves to understand your brake system.
Want some brakes for your 1949-1954 Chevy spindles? Click here!