Speedway Small Block Chevy Premium Noisy Gear Drive
Chevy Small Block V8
- Easy to install: Offers accurate and consistent relationship between cam and crankshaft
- Precision machined from 8620 carburized steel, Noisy Gear Drive, Adjustable advance and retard to degree the cam, Fits under stock or aftermarket timing cover
- Will not fit factory SBC roller cams
- S/B or B/B Chevy
- Made in the USA
These Speedway Premium Small Block Chevy Gear Drives are made in the USA. Superior quality makes this the choice of engine builders everywhere.
- All gears are 8620 carburized steel
- Cam gear has press-fit Torrington bearing
- Timing adjusted with dowel pin inserts
- Includes cam button, lockplate, and bolts
- Chevy V6 200-229-262
- Chevy V8 283-302-305-307-327-350-400
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.
Picking a proper camshaft for your project can rapidly deteriorate into chaos. So many possibilities. Want a little advice? Click here!