Speedway SBC/BBC Chevy V8 HEI Distributor w/ OE Module
Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style, Magnetic Trigger Style
- New distributor base with steel gear and mechanical advance
- Includes cap and rotor, vacuum advance lock plate either OE 6700 rpm module or MSD 9000 rpm module
- Works with cap mounted coil
- Or can be converted to external coil and ignition box
- New parts make installation cleaner
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you are racing on a budget, and you need to replace your worn out HEI distributor, this is your best option! These NEW distributors feature with steel gear and mechanical advance for longer starter and flywheel life. Includes cap and rotor with brass terminals, vacuum advance lock plate to eliminate the vacuum module, and an OE-style module good to 6500+ RPM.
Works with cap mounted coil (sold separately) or convert to external coil and ignition box. We have experienced better reliability using an EXTERNAL coil that will withstand the heat & vibration of racing. Includes instructions to simplify installation & eliminate confusion.
Item Detailswith Mechanical Advance
For oval track racing use, this distributor can be used one of two ways:
- Use a cap mounted coil (sold separately) along with the 6500+ RPM internal module. For the best performance and reliability use a 15 volt battery and alternator.
- Use an external coil adapter, MSD ignition box and coil. Usually you can remove the internal module for maximum RPM. This set-up is better suited to withstand the severe heat & vibration of racing.
- Application: Race/Street
- Timing Gear: Steel
- Module: 6500 RPM (samples tested to 7000+ RPM)
- Mechanical Advance
- Vacuum Advance w/ Lockout Plate
910-12340 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
HEI Base DistributorPart # 91012335Qty x 1
Speedway Replacement HEI Distributor CapPart # 91012330Qty x 1
Speedway HEI Replacement RotorPart # 91012331Qty x 1
Vacuum Advance Lock PlatePart # 91012339Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Blueprinted SBC/BBC Chevy HEI Distributor
Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor w/ MSD Module
HEI Distributor w/Super Cap, SBC Small Block Chevy, Black
HEI Distributor For Factory Roller Cams - S/B & B/B Chevy
PerTronix D100701 Chevy Flame-Thrower Distributor
PerTronix D71000 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Black
PerTronix D71052 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Blue
PerTronix D71001 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D71051 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D300711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chevy V8, Red
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Learn how to set initial timing on the Chevy 350 SBC and the Ford 302. Our guide covers step by step instructions so you can set timing on your engine.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.