Speedway Motors Straight Axle Front Suspension Kit, Solid I-Beam
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, 4 Inch Lowered Suspension Height Adjustment
- Equip your street rod with a custom suspension sure to achieve style
- Performance all without breaking the bank
- Front straight axle suspension kits from Speedway Motors will get your ride rolling in no time
- Universal Fit
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Equip your street rod with a custom suspension sure to achieve style and performance all without breaking the bank. These front straight axle suspension kits from Speedway Motors will get your ride rolling in no time.
- (1) Forged I-Beam Dropped Front Axle
- (1) Super Glide Reverse Eye Front Spring, 46 Inch
- (1) Pair of Split Wishbone Style Radius Rods, Drilled
- (1) Pair of Forged Leaf Spring Perch Mounts
- (1) Pair of 1-3/4" Nylon Spring Shackles
- (1) Pair of Forged Steel Shock Mounts
- (2) Plain Steel Jam Nuts, 11/16"-18 RH
- (2) Outer Tie Rod Ends, 11/16" 18 RH
- (1) Pair of Radius Rod Frame Mounting Brackets
- (1) Hairpin Front Axle Instruction Sheet
Solid I-Beam Front Axle
These forged steel drop axles are perfect for your next street rod project! Our dropped front axle sizes keep the wheels inside the fenders. Keeping the wheels tucked in the fenders allows for a lower ride height with adequate tire clearance. All of our I-beam axles feature a 4 inch drop and are designed as a replacement Ford front axle. With a versatile design, these dropped axles also allow you to use your stock 1937-48 Ford spindles or our Ford I-beam reproduction spindles. 47" wide from king pin centers, our street rod axles are sized according to original mounting specs, making a stress free conversion for your classic Ford styled front end.
- 1-piece forged steel design
- Axle forging is ground smooth and bead blasted for a superior finish
- 4" drop
- 47" wide (king pin centers)
- Accepts stock '37-'48 Ford spindles or Speedway Ford-style reproduction spindles
- 34" spring perch centers
- Use with 29" cross spring
- 2-1/4" tall wishbone boss
Note: In order to use this axle with 2 inch wishbones, you will need to machine the inside of your wishbones and/or the axle for them to work together. The spring perch bosses on stock Model A wishbones are 2-1/4 inches, as are '37-and-later Fords, but '32-36 Ford wishbones come in at 2 inches.
Super Glide Front Leaf Spring
Achieve a smoother, more comfortable ride with Speedway Super Glide™ springs for your 1928-1934 Ford front end! The ends of the spring leaves of a Super Glide™ spring have a unique nylon button which works as a dry lubricant to significantly reduce leaf-to-leaf friction. This allows the spring to move more easily, thereby giving a softer, quieter ride.
This spring features reverse eyes for a 1" drop compared to standard eyes. 29" Eye-to-Eye
Leaf Spring Measuring Guide (Link)
Split Wishbone Radius Rods
It doesn't get much more traditional than running a set of split wishbones. These split bones are all new with forged front yokes just like Henry built them and fit a 2-1/4" axle boss.
- 40-3/4" from the front perch bolt centerline to the end of the 11/16"-18 threaded rear bung
- 1/2"-20 threaded roid to allow a spring behind perch, shock mount or other hardware to be used
- Material thickness is 12 GA (0.1046")
- Includes lightening holes (holes not boxed)
Leaf Spring Perch Mounts
Works with 1928-34 Ford front ends with 1-3/4" wide cross spring. Extra long for lower shock mounts. Includes nylock nut.
- 2-1/2" from top of threads to mid shoulder
- 2-7/8" from top of threads to top of shoulder
- Thread length is 1-7/8"
- Distance from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the threads is 4-3/4"
Leaf Spring Measuring Guide (Link)
1-3/4" Nylon Spring Shackles
Fits front or rear springs. All measurements are width of spring. All nylon bushed shackles are 1-1/2" shackle bolt center to shackle bolt center.
Leaf Spring Measuring Guide (Link)
Forged Steel Lower Shock Mounts
New, FORGED steel lower shock mount design is stronger than the competition and incorporates a key slot to stop the rotation other brands suffer from. Machining of matching key slot into perch bolts may be required. Stud for the shock eye mount is 5/8".
Plain Steel Jam Nuts
Plain steel fine thread jam nuts for use with rod ends, heim joints, and clevis.
- RH Female
- Clear Zinc
Outer Tie Rod Ends
Replace those sloppy worn out tie rods with our new replacements. Original equipment on 1948-1964 Ford half-ton pickups, but these tie rod ends can be used for multiple applications other than Ford trucks. Not for use with flat steering arms. Use only with Ford type steering arms with a tapered hole. Not normally used with Chevy spindles.
- RH Male
- 7 degree taper
- 1.75" stud length
- 2.42" shank length
- 1" from center of threaded shaft to the bottom of the taper
- Includes boot, castle nut, and cotter pin
Radius Rod Frame Mounting Brackets
Weld these brackets to the underside of your low-ridin Model T thru 1934 Ford frame rails for a simple, strong place to attach radius rods using 11/16” Ford style tie rod ends. Plain steel.
- 4-3/8 Inch Tall
- 7 Degree Taper
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway Forged 4 Inch Drop I-Beam Front Axle, PlainPart # 91035140Qty x 1
Super Glide® Front Spring, 46 Inch Axle, Reverse Eye, PlainPart # 91033134Qty x 1
Split Wishbone Style Radius Rods w/ HolesPart # 91645128Qty x 1
Speedway Front Solid Axle Leaf Spring Perch, Plain Forged SteelPart # 91033047Qty x 1
Transverse Leaf Spring Shackles w/ Nylon Bushings, Zinc FinishPart # 91033323-ZINCQty x 1
Speedway Forged Steel Lower Shock Mounts for Front Solid Axle, ZincPart # 91036105Qty x 1
Speedway Plain Steel Jam Nut, 11/16-18 RHPart # 91001249Qty x 2
Speedway Ford Outer Tie Rod End, 11/16-18 RH ThreadPart # 91002909Qty x 2
Radius Rod Frame Mounting Bracket, Tie RodPart # 91635052Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Motors Straight Axle Front Suspension Kit,Drilled I-Beam
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Chevy Spindle
Semi-Elliptical Straight Axle Kit for Ford Spindle
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Chevy Spindles, Plain
Ford Spindles - 4-Bar Spring-Behind Front End Kit, Plain
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Model A 4-Bar Tube Axle Kit for Ford Spindles, Plain
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 52-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 52-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.
Check out these great tips and tricks on how to successfully lower the stance on a Chevy Bel Air.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Follow this guide on how to install a splined sway bar for GM A-body applications. See the installation process on a '68 Chevelle frame using stock control arms and factory chassis bolt and pad locations.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.