Speedway Motors Ladder Bar Rear Suspension Kit, 38 Inch
Universal Fit, Solid Axle Rear Suspension Type, Radius Rod Trailing Arm Style, Shocks Included
- Front (chassis/frame end) of these ladder bars make use of 3/4" RH threads and the rears (axle end) make use of 5/8" RH threads
- The four-bar rear axel brackets have an exclusive sandwich-style to give greater bar support and incorporate a multi-position lower coil-over mount
- Steel RH male heim joints feature a spherical bearing rod end
- Jam nuts are made from plain steel and are .41" thick
- Mounting eye on the rod ends is offset 11° from perpendicular to threaded shank
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Give your street rod a complete rear suspension with this single universal kit from Speedway Motors.
- (1) Rear Ladder Bar Set - 38" Long
- (1) 4-Bar Rear Axle Bracket Set
- (2) Carbon Steel Heim Joints - 3/4"-16 RH
- (2) Thin Steel Jam Nuts - 3/4"-16 RH
- (4) Stainless 4-Bar Rod Ends - 5/8"-18 RH, 11 Degree
- (4) Stainless Jam Nuts - 5/8"-18 RH NF
- (2) Coilover Shock Mount Bolts - 4-1/2", Polished
- (1) Instruction Sheet
- (1) Weld-On Rear Panhard Bar/Track Rod Kit
- (2) QA1 Street Rod Shocks
- (2) QA1 10" Coilover Spring - 2-1/2" I.D.
- (2) Coilover Mounting Kit
- (1) Chassis Tab Mounting Kit
- (1) Shock Mounting Hardware Kit
38 Inch Ladder Bars
The front (chassis/frame end) of these ladder bars make use of 3/4" RH threads and the rears (axle end) make use of 5/8" RH threads.
- 38" long
916-45159 Instructions (pdf)
Four-Bar Rear Axle Brackets
Exclusive sandwich-style brackets give greater bar support and incorporate a multi-position lower coil-over mount. Weld to 3" O.D. axle tubes only.
- Lower coil-over shock mount stud not included
- Shock mount stud hole ID - 1/2"
Steel RH Male Heim Joints
Precision steel rod ends provide greater strength than our "standard" rod ends. They have close tolerance and have a 3 piece medium duty rod end. Carbon steel body, 5210 precision ground ball and feature a Teflon Kevlar race. Self lubrication teflon liner to seal out dirt and debris. Shank and hole are the same size.
- Spherical Bearing rod end
- 3/4"-16 thread pitch
- RH Male Threads
- Steel Construction
- Natural finish
To ease assembly, be sure to run a tap or die through the threads on chrome plated fasteners and apply an anti-seize compound to prevent galling of the threads.
Thin Steel Jam Nuts
Plain steel fine thread jam nut. Special half thickness nuts for securing steering heims to a panel or flange.
- .41" thick
- Hex wrench type
- 1-1/8" wrench size
- 3/4"-16 thread pitch
- RH Female thread type
- Steel construction
- Zinc finish
Stainless Four-Bar Rod Ends
Don't settle for a weak 4-bar end made out of a piece of tubing welded to a bolt. These Speedway rod ends are made from fully polished investment cast stainless steel for superior strength and durability. All rod ends feature a 5/8"-18 RH threaded shank and the nylon bushing has a steel sleeve that accepts a 1/2" bolt.
- 11° Shank
- Mounting eye is offset 11° from perpendicular to threaded shank (with the bushing side down, the stud will be angled up at a 11° angle)
- 5/8"-18 RH threads
- Overall width: 1.370"
- Rod end width: 1.050"
- Rod end I.D.: 1.125"
- Steel sleeve O.D.: 0.750"
- Steel sleeve I.D.: 0.500"
- Threaded shaft length: 1-7/8"
Stainless Jam Nuts
If you've got spherical rod ends on your vehicle, you'll probably need jam nuts. You might also need them for tie-rod ends or other types of fittings and connectors. Our jam nuts are made from premium stainless steel and they're available with right hand threads.
These stainless steel fine thread jam nuts are for use with rod ends, heim joints, and clevis.
- 5/8 Inch-18 RH NF Fine Thread
Coilover Shock Mount Bolts
Speedway sells the ONLY fully engineered shock mount. The 5/8" forged button head bolt looks good while offering maximum support. The 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" billet aluminum support spacer has internal threads. This allows you to properly support this shock without crushing the bushing like others do, which leads to shock failures. There's a reason major chassis builders use this mount.
- Billet aluminum
- 4-1/2" from base of head to end of threads
- 1-1/4" shock mount base
- Safely mounts to brackets 1/2" thick
- Includes required washers and nylon lock nut
916-36010 Instructions (PDF)
- Coil-Over Mounting Guide (GIF)
- Uses a 1/2" Allen head wrench for holding it while tightening.
Weld-On Rear Panhard Bar/Track Rod Kit
Use on almost any street rod. Required for coil spring and coil-over rear suspensions. Complete kit includes rod, brackets and 5/8" hardware. Ready to install.
- 25.5" length
- 5/8" hardware
916-49022 Instructions (PDF)
QA1 Street Rod Shocks
QA1 Street Rod Series shock feature beautifully chrome plated 1.63" OD steel bodies. These three-way adjustable, gas pressurized and radial tuned shocks provide an excellent ride. Shock accepts 7/16" or 5/8" bolt for top bushing and 5/8" bolt in bottom bushing.
- This shock is three-way adjustable. Choose between a soft, medium, or firm ride quality. To adjust the shock, fully compress the shock and twist the shock shaft clockwise. Each "click" indicates a different firmess has been set.
Coil-Over Mounting Guide (Link)
QA1 10 Inch Coilover Springs
QA1 coil-over racing springs are guaranteed to remain within 2% of rate and length - forever! Springs are coil wound of chrome-silicon wire, the strongest spring steel known. This gives more travel and lighter weight. Heat treated and chrome plated.
- 10 Inch height
- 2-1/2 Inch inside diameter
- Choose your desired rate
Coil-Over Mounting Guide (GIF)
Coilover Mounting Kit
For coil over shocks with 1.63" O.D. body. Use with 2-1/2" I.D. springs.
- Overall length of threaded sleeve is 4"
- Length of threaded area is 3-3/8"
- O.D. is nearly 2"
- I.D. is nearly 1-11/16"
255-1951 Instructions (PDF)
Replacement snap ring 255-1930
Replacement safety clip 582-525
Chassis Mounting Tabs
These weld-on chassis tabs are great for installing radius rods and ladder bar suspension components. They are 1/4" thick with a 1/2" mounting hole diameter.
- Weld-on chassis tabs
- 1/4" thick
- 1/2" hole
- Set of 8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
38 Inch Rear Ladder BarsPart # 91645139Qty x 1
Speedway Four-Bar Rear Axle BracketsPart # 91645050Qty x 1
Precision Carbon Steel RH Male Heim Joint Rod Ends, 3/4 InchPart # 1750117Qty x 2
Thin Steel Jam Nuts, 3/4-16 RHPart # 1750247Qty x 2
Speedway Stainless 4-Bar Rod End, 5/8-18 RH Thread, 11 Degree ShankPart # 91008051-11Qty x 4
Stainless Jam Nut, 5/8 Inch-18 RH NF Fine ThreadPart # 91001156Qty x 4
Speedway Coilover Shock Mount Bolt w/ Polished Support Collar, 4-1/2Part # 91636010-POLQty x 2
Instruction for Ladder BarsPart # 9164511Qty x 1
Speedway Universal Weld-On Rear Panhard Bar Track Rod KitPart # 91649022Qty x 1
AFCO Street Rod Non-Adjustable Gas Shock, ChromePart # 1061045-CHRQty x 2
QA1 10 Inch Coil-Over Spring, 2-1/2 Inch I.D.Part # 25510Qty x 2
Coilover Mounting Kit, 1.63 Inch BodyPart # 2551951Qty x 2
Chassis Weld Tabs for Suspension Install, 1/2 Inch Hole, Set of 8Part # 91007230Qty x 1
Shock Mounting Bolts and NutsPart # 91649060-2Qty x 1
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks teamed up to build a 1952 Chevy Truck in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th Anniversary. Jason and Tom take a few minutes to talk about the rear suspension the team used on the truck.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Do you need a Panhard Bar on your front suspension? Find out whether its recommended to have one on your four-bar or cross steering system.
Easy to follow instructions to install a G-Comp rear suspension kit.
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.