Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1968-72 GM A-Body
Ford 9 Inch, Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size, Natural
- Designed to replace the original '68-'72 GM A-Body rearend housing
- Maintains factory hub to hub dimensions
- All new stamped steel housing and fully welded 3" tubes - Bare steel
- New Big Ford style ends - accepts 2.5" offset Ford style brake kits
- New 31 spline axles with bearings installed 1/2" lug studs
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These bolt-in rear axle packages are designed to replace the original '68-'72 GM A-Body rearend housing and are compatible with the stock 4-link trailing arm rear suspension found in your Chevelle/Malibu/El Camino/Sprint/GTO/LeMans/Tempest/F85/Cutlass/442/Special/Skylark/Gran Sport. The major advantages gained by upgrading to a Ford 9" axle include a) greatly increased strength (reliability), b) the variability of the housing to accept almost any gear ratio from 2.47:1 to 6.14:1, c) a drop-out third member for ease of service, and d) steel axle retainers keep the axle/wheel in place in the event of axle failure. Here are the features you'll find in our fabricated Ford 9 Inch axle kits:
- New stamped steel housing center piece
- New billet steel housing ends with oil seal surface ("Big New Ford" Torino-style)
- 3" O.D. DOM 3/16" wall axle tubes
- 31-spline axles w/ bearings, studs & retainers
- Axles have 2.5" of offest on each side
- 1/2"-20 wheel studs, 2" long
- 5 x 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern
- Jig welded suspension brackets for stock style suspension
- Built to stock width
- Works with most aftermarket coil-over conversion kits
Add third member and brake kit of your choice (both sold separately) to complete your installation.
- Rearend Housing 3rd Member Carrier Studs are not included but available as # 919-0915 as needed
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
68-72 A-body 9" Housing OnlyPart # 99006872.1Qty x 1
68-72 A-body 9" Axles OnlyPart # 99006872.2Qty x 1
Q & A
Now that Project Chevelle is finally making real power, we want it all to get to the ground without breaking anything. Follow along as we install a 9-inch housing, third member, and some trick tubular control arms!
Project Chevelle has come a long way, from humble stocker to respectable muscle car. Today we step back and talk about our favorite moments and best upgrades so far.
Watch as we repeat our parking lot autocross to see how much our upgraded Project Chevelle has improved!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Get more details on Project Chevelle's 9-inch housing, third member, and tubular control arms installation.
It's time to see if all our hard work to upgrade Project Chevelle will pay off in faster lap times. We set up a little autocross course to find out.