Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1964-67 GM A-Body
Ford 9", Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size, 31 Axle Splines
- Designed to bolt into place of your stock housing
- Maintains factory hub to hub dimensions
- All new stamped steel housing and fully welded 3" tubes - Bare steel
- New Big Ford (Torino) style ends - accepts 2.5" offset brakes
- New 31 spline axles with bearings installed 1/2" lug studs
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These bolt-in rear axle packages are designed to replace the original '64-'67 GM A-Body rearend housing and are compatible with the stock 4-link trailing arm rear suspension found in your Chevelle/Malibu/El Camino/GTO/LeMans/Tempest/F85/Cutlass/442/Special/Skylark/Gran Sport. The major advantages gained by upgrading to a Ford 9" axle include a) greatly increased strength (reliability), b) the variability of the housing to accept almost any gear ratio from 2.47:1 to 6.14:1, c) a drop-out third member for ease of service, and d) steel axle retainers keep the axle/wheel in place in the event of axle failure. Here are the features you'll find in our fabricated Ford 9 Inch axle kits:
- New stamped steel housing center piece
- New billet steel housing ends with oil seal surface ( big ford old style bearings)
- 3" O.D. DOM 3/16" wall axle tubes
- 31-spline axles w/ bearings, studs & retainers
- 1/2"-20 wheel studs, 2" long
- 5 x 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern
- Jig welded suspension brackets for stock style suspension
- Built to stock width
- Works with most aftermarket coil-over conversion kits
Add third member and brake kit of your choice (both sold separately) to complete your installation.
- Rearend Housing 3rd Member Carrier Studs are not included but available as # 919-0915 as needed
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
64-66 A-body 9" Housing OnlyPart # 99006466.1Qty x 1
64-66 A-body 9" AxlesPart # 99006466.2Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 62-67 X-Body, Mono
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1970-81 GM F-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 68-72 GM X-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1967-70 Mustang
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1968-72 GM A-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Multileaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 62-67 X-Body, Multi
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1964-66 Mustang
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1955-57 Chevy Car
Q & A
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Installation guide for Speedway Motors 9" Bolt-In Rear End Axle on a 1967 Chevelle. This housing allows the use of any coil-over conversion made to work with a factory housing. Learn how to fasten the third member into the housing with studs.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
We will show you the differences among traditional I-beam and tube axles and suspension designs used on hot rods; the differences between cross and traditional steering, measuring for springs, what spindles to choose, and much more.
Dive into some of the history and unique differences between Ford and Chevy spindles for a solid front axles and what will perform best on your hot rod.