Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1955-57 Chevy Car
Ford 9", Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, 54.5" Overall Width, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size
- Designed to bolt into place of your stock housing
- Maintains factory hub to hub dimensions
- All new stamped steel housing and fully welded 3" tubes - Bare steel
- New Big Ford (Torino) style ends - accepts 2.5" offset brakes
- New 31 spline axles with bearings installed 1/2" lug studs
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These bolt-in rear axle packages are designed to replace the original '55-'57 Chevy rearend housing and are compatible with the stock leaf spring rear suspension found in your Tri-Five Chevy. The major advantages gained by upgrading to a Ford 9" axle include a) greatly increased strength (reliability), b) the variability of the housing to accept almost any gear ratio from 2.47:1 to 6.14:1, c) a drop-out third member for ease of service, and d) steel axle retainers keep the axle/wheel in place in the event of axle failure. Here are the features you'll find in our fabricated Ford 9 Inch axle kits.
- Steel housing center piece
- New billet steel housing ends with oil seal surface ("Big New Ford" Torino-style)
- 3" O.D. DOM 3/16" wall axle tubes
- 31-spline axles w/ bearings, studs & retainers
- 1/2"-20 wheel studs, 2" long
- 5 x 4-1/2", 5 x 4-3/4" and 5 x 5" wheel bolt pattern
- Jig welded suspension brackets for stock style suspension
- Built to stock width
- 54-1/2" housing flange to housing flange width
- 26-7/8" and 31-1/8" long outside axle flange to end of splines
Add third member and brake kit of your choice (both sold separately) to complete your installation.
- Rearend Housing 3rd Member Carrier Studs and T bolts are included
- This is a reclaimed steel housing and may have minor cosmetic flaws
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
55-57 Chevy 9" Housing OnlyPart # 99005557.1Qty x 1
55-57 Chevy 9" Axles OnlyPart # 99005557.2Qty x 1
More Like This
Currie CE-GMB5557X 1955-57 Chevy 9 Inch Ford Crate Rearend Kit
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 62-67 X-Body, Mono
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1967-70 Mustang
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1970-81 GM F-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 68-72 GM X-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 58 In. Early Ford
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 54 Inch
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 56 Inch
Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit with Buick Finned Drums, 56
Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit with Buick Finned Drums, 58
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
We will show you the differences among traditional I-beam and tube axles and suspension designs used on hot rods; the differences between cross and traditional steering, measuring for springs, what spindles to choose, and much more.