Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1955-57 Chevy Car
Ford 9", Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size, 31 Axle Splines
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These bolt-in rear axle packages are designed to replace the original '55-'57 Chevy rearend housing and are compatible with the stock leaf spring rear suspension found in your Tri-Five Chevy. The major advantages gained by upgrading to a Ford 9" axle include a) greatly increased strength (reliability), b) the variability of the housing to accept almost any gear ratio from 2.47:1 to 6.14:1, c) a drop-out third member for ease of service, and d) steel axle retainers keep the axle/wheel in place in the event of axle failure. Here are the features you'll find in our fabricated Ford 9 Inch axle kits.
- Steel housing center piece
- New billet steel housing ends with oil seal surface ("Big New Ford" Torino-style)
- 3" O.D. DOM 3/16" wall axle tubes
- 31-spline axles w/ bearings, studs & retainers
- 1/2"-20 wheel studs, 2" long
- 5 x 4-1/2", 5 x 4-3/4" and 5 x 5" wheel bolt pattern
- Jig welded suspension brackets for stock style suspension
- Built to stock width
- 54-1/2" housing flange to housing flange width
- 26-7/8" and 31-1/8" long outside axle flange to end of splines
Add third member and brake kit of your choice (both sold separately) to complete your installation.
- Rearend Housing 3rd Member Carrier Studs are not included but available as # 919-0915 as needed
- This is a reclaimed steel housing and may have minor cosmetic flaws
What's In The Kit
55-57 Chevy 9" Housing OnlyPart # 99005557.1Qty x 1
55-57 Chevy 9" Axles OnlyPart # 99005557.2Qty x 1
More Like This
Currie CE-GMB5557X 1955-57 Chevy 9 Inch Ford Crate Rearend Kit
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 62-67 X-Body, Mono
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1967-70 Mustang
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1970-81 GM F-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 68-72 GM X-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1968-72 GM A-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1964-67 GM A-Body
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle for 1964-66 Mustang
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Multileaf
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Dalton discusses a few great safety features that we offer for our customers here at Speedway Motors . We have what you need to remain safe in your race car.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.