Speedway Ford 302-351W Premium Gear Drive
302 Ford Small Block V8, 351W Ford Small Block V8
These Speedway Premium Gear Drives are made in the USA. Superior quality makes this the choice of engine builders everywhere. Fits 1972-1988 Ford 302 & 351W Small Block V8.
- All gears are 8620 carburized steel
- Cam gear has press-fit Torrington bearing
- Timing adjusted with 3 keyway crank
- Includes cam button, lockplate, and bolts
- Quiet operation
- Fuel Pump Eccentric Applications: This gear is for use with one piece fuel pump eccentric (Ford part number C3AZ-6287-B) generally found in engines manufactured prior to 1975. However, the 2 piece style eccentric can be bolted up. The two piece style is functional and will work if there is sufficient clearance to the front cover. Check the cover clearance for 2 piece eccentric use.
- This set is equipped with a 3 keyway crank gear to provide standard factory timing, 2 degrees camshaft advance, and 2 degrees camshaft retard. Aligning "0", "A", & "R" mark on crank gear with the "0" mark on cam gear provides these 3 valve timing options.
915-78421 Instructions (pdf)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.
Picking a proper camshaft for your project can rapidly deteriorate into chaos. So many possibilities. Want a little advice? Click here!