Speedway Flathead Ford V8 Oil Pump Pickup Tube
4.70" Outside Diameter, .62" Tube O.D., 4.52" Inside Diameter, 1.51" Center to Center, Steel
- Designed to be a direct replacement '32-'47 car and '32-'53 truck oil pans ONLY
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Identical to oil pans found on original F-series trucks
- Slight modification is required when used in conjunction with high volume oil pumps
- .62" tube OD for improved oil flow
This oil pump pick-up is a reproduction of those used in F-Series trucks. They are designed to be direct replacements in 1932-47 car oil pans and 1932-53 truck oil pans ONLY. When used on 1932-1948 Flatheads, installation of a newer style (1949-1953) oil pump like our Speedway and Melling pump is required.
Note: May require slight modification when used with high volume oil pumps.
Note: If used with 1949-53 Flathead Ford V8s, considerable modification to the oil pan will be necessary to work. 1949-53 Flatheads will require a "car" style oil pump pickup for a direct replacement version.
- 1932-1948 Flathead Ford 59AB (when using 1949 and newer, short-style oil pump)
- 1949-1953 Flathead Ford 8BA
Pick-up fits the following pumps:
- Speedway 577OP15
- Speedway 577OP19
- Melling 577OP15M
- Melling 577OP19M
NotesUsed to convert '49-'53 short style oil pumps (like 577OP19 and 577OP15) for use in a '32-'48 motor.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Q & A
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.