Speedway Disc Brake Residual Valve, 2 PSI, Purple
Universal Fit, 2 psi Pressure Rating
- A residual valve acts like a one-way valve (check valve) to maintain brake system pressure and eliminate a spongy pedal
- This 2 psi version is used for disc brakes and provides just enough residual pressure to firm up the pedal, yet not too much that the brakes drag
- The valve is installed inline between the master cylinder and disc brake calipers
- Required on low mounted master cylinder such as under the floor locations but these also enhance brake systems with a high mounted master cylinder
- 1/8" NPT female thread connections make this a very universal item. Use inverted flare adapters when connecting this valve to a 3/16" brake line
Ever had problems with a spongy pedal or slow, unresponsive brakes? If so, you may need a residual pressure valve installed in your brake line. A residual valve acts like a one-way or check valve to maintain brake system pressure to eliminate the problems of a spongy pedal. This 2 PSI residual valve is installed inline between the master cylinder and disc brake calipers to keep 2 PSI of residual pressure at the caliper after the brake pedal is released. This ensures that you will have a high, firm pedal next time you press the brake pedal.
If your master cylinder is located below the floorboard, installing a 2 PSI residual valve is highly recommended. If your master cylinder is mounted on the firewall, a residual valve is generally not needed because gravity will provide a natural residual pressure within the brake line.
Our residual pressure valve features a distinctive purple anodized finish with 1/8" NPT port at each end. Use 2 PSI residual valves for disc brake applications only. Inverted flare or AN threaded adapter fittings to the 1/8" NPT female thread will be required and are noted below and available as required.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Wilwood 260-13783 Blue 2 PSI Residual Pressure Valve with Fittings
Speedway Disc Brake Residual Valve, 2 PSI, Polished
Residual Pressure Valves for Disc/Drum Brakes Kit, 10 PSI, 2 PSI
Disc Brake Residual Pressure Valve, 1/8 NPT, 2 PSI
Speedway Drum Brake Residual Valve, 10 PSI, Purple
Residual Pressure Valve and Fittings Kit, 2 PSI, Purple
Drum Brake Residual Pressure Valve, 1/8 NPT, 10 PSI
Speedway Motors Residual Valve and Fittings Kit, Polished
Residual Pressure Valve and Fittings Kit, 10 PSI, Purple
Speedway Drum Brake Residual Valve, 10 PSI, Polished
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Check out the 410 sprint car brake installation and bleeding the brakes! We're making serious progress on our build.
Looking for a performance or custom brake set-up? Whether you're replacing components or building your brakes from scratch, you may wonder what size master cylinder or booster to use. No need to worry, just follow our handy guide.