Speedway Clutch Style Differential, Ford 9 Inch, 28 Spline
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Speedway Motors offers these clutch operated posi-traction differentials as a welcome alternative to locker & spool differentials which are often overkill and more expensive than the common street car requires.
Based off of the original limited slip designs of the OEMs, these differential units provide the added benefits of millions of miles and decades of proven reliability. Speedway has taken this engineering to the next step in performance with increased clutch pressure and holding power, suiting it well for heavy duty street car applications.
- 28 spline
- Clutch style, spider gear differential = proven reliability
- Forged steel case
- Heat treated spider gears
- Quiet operation, no clicking when disengaging for corners
- Spring loaded clutch pack with improved grip over OEM designs
- Proven reliability and Economical design
- Works with factory 9” ford differential case, gear, axles and bearings
- Ideal for Street tires and medium horsepower applications
This differential has performed well in our Week to Wicked 1952 Chevy Truck, handling the job of transferring a 430 HP GM Performance LS3 to the ground. Speedway Motors continues to bring quality products at an affordable price to keep your project on the road and the race track.
*Racing applications with 10.5” tires, drag radials or slicks are better suited for the more expensive locker and Powertrax style carrier designs.
919-0950-28 Suggested Installation / Overhaul Kit
Carrier bearing id: 1.781"
More Like This
Richmond Powertrax Grip Pro Differential, 9 Inch Ford, 28 Spline
Speedway Clutch Style Differential, Ford 9 Inch, 31 Spline
Ford 9 Inch Steel Full Spool
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 31 Spline
Economy 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 31 Spline
Economy 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 28 Spline
Ford 9 Inch Megalite Steel Full Spool, 31-Spline
Ford 9 Inch Megalite Steel Full Spool, 28-Spline
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 28 Spline
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Tim talks about our Winters quick change rear end & components.