SBC Lock Plate & Aluminum Button Kit
Chevy Small Block V8
- Specifically designed to fit Small Block Chevy 262-400 c.i. and 90° V6 engines
- Made from lightweight, yet durable solid aluminum
- Engineeredt to limits lateral movement of camshaft ("cam walk")
- Comes with 5/16-18 X 7/8 USS coarse grade 8 bolts
- Overall length measures a total of .801"
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- (1) Speedway Small Block Chevy Aluminum Cam Button
- (1) Speedway Camshaft Lockplate and Bolt Kit
Speedway Small Block Chevy Aluminum Cam Button
Limits lateral movement of camshaft ("cam walk"). Fits Small Block Chevy 262-400 c.i. and 90° V6.
- Overall Length: .801"
- Material Type: Aluminum
- Solid aluminum construction
Speedway Camshaft Lockplate and Bolt Kit
Camshaft lock plate with three grade 8 cam bolts.
- V8 and V6 Chevy
- Bolts are 5/16-18 X 7/8 USS Coarse Grade 8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Small Block Chevy Aluminum Cam ButtonPart # 91599001Qty x 1
Chevy Camshaft Lockplate and Bolt KitPart # 450200LPQty x 1
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Picking the right camshaft can be a challenge. Use our camshaft selection guide to learn how to select the right cam for your street rod's best performance.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a Small Block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft in just eight steps.
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.