Pro-Lite Vented Rear Brake Rotor and Hat Kit
Universal Fit, Rear Position, Round Rotor Shape, 11.75 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type
- Rotor is cast from premium grade, long grain carbon iron which exhibits long wear, high thermal stability, and excellent resistance to distortion in high heat
- The use of a modern foundry and machining techniques hold close tolerances on face and vane thickness
- Having the correct face thickness and a 32 vane casting provides superior heat management and long service life with low rotating and unsprung weight
- A straight vane design also makes it possible to use the same rotor on left or right hand mounting locations
- Rotor has an overall diameter of 11.75" and has a 5 on 5"
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Every rotor is cast from premium grade, long grain carbon iron which exhibits long wear, high thermal stability, and excellent resistance to distortion in high heat. Modern foundry and machining techniques hold close tolerances on face and vane thickness. Combining the correct face thickness with a 32 vane casting provides superior heat management and long service life with low rotating and unsprung weight. The straight vane design also makes it possible to use the same rotor on left or right hand mounting locations.
- (1) Pro-Lite Vented Rear Brake Rotor
- # Holes: 8
- Bolt Circle: 7"
- Thread: Thru
- Position: Rear
- Rotor Shape: Round
- Rotor Diameter: 11.75 Inch
- Rotor Type: Vented
- Rotor Style: Plain Face
- Rotor Material Type: Cast Iron
- Rotor Finish: Natural
- Rotor Thickness: 0.81"
- Rotor Hat Bolt Pattern: 8 x 7.00"
- (1) Stamped Steel Disc Brake Rotor Hat with 3 Inch Offset
- Rotor Bolt Circle: 7" x 8 holes
- Stud Hole Diameter: 1/2"
- Rotor Mount Bolt Hole: .325"
- Offset: 3.00"
- Outside Diameter: 7.60"
- Inside Diameter: 3.05"
- Overall Thickness: .09"
- Bolt Pattern: Multi: 5 on 5" | 4.75" | 4.50"
- Finish: Painted
- Notes: Clearance ID 5.83"
- (1) Rotor Hat Bolt Set
- Overall Length: 1.05"
- Under Head Length: .73"
- Wrench Type: Allen
- Wrench Size: 1/4"
- Material Type: Steel
- Finish: Black Oxide
- Notes: For 1/8" thick rotor hats. Set of (8) bolts and lock nuts.
- Thread Pitch: 5/16"-24
- Thread Length: .73"
Proper Break-In Procedure for Steel or Cast Iron Rotors
New steel/iron rotors should be bedded in before being used in racing conditions. Proper bedding will prepare the rotor surface, prolong the rotor's life, and make it more resistant to thermal checking or cracking under severe braking conditions. The following procedures should be performed when bedding in both steel and cast iron rotors. It is best to bed in a new rotor using a used set of pads, preferably ones which will not create heat rapidly. Generating heat too rapidly will thermal shock the rotors. Likewise, when bedding in a new set of brake pads it is best to perform the process on a used rotor. This new/used bedding process permits controlled bedding of each individual component.
Make sure rotor surfaces are free from oils, grease, and brake fluid. Run vehicle up to a moderate speed and make several medium deceleration stops to heat up the rotor slowly. This will help reduce the chance of thermal shock caused by uneven heating of the rotor. Pull into the pits and allow the rotor to cool to ambient air temperature. Care should be taken not to ride the brakes into the pits as this may hot spot the rotor causing premature wear to the surface or structural damage.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway Stamped Steel Disc Brake Rotor Hat, 3 Inch OffsetPart # 91031904Qty x 1
Speedway Pro-Lite Vented Brake Rotor, 11.75 x .81 InchPart # 91031906Qty x 1
Rotor Hat Bolt Set, 1/8 Inch ThickPart # 8352500071-1/8Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Pro-Lite Vented Brake Rotor, 11.75 x .81 Inch
11 Inch GM Brake Rotor with Ford Bolt Pattern
Speedway Replacement 11-1/4 Inch Rear Brake Rotor
Replacement Carbon Steel Brake Rotors
Emergency Brake Replacement Rotor
Stainless Steel Drilled Brake Rotor for Spindle Mount Wheel
Hybrid Pinto Brake Rotor & Bearing Kit, 5 on 5
AFCO Hybrid Pinto Brake Rotor & Bearing Kit, 5 on 5
Speedway 10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor for Pinto
Replacement 11-5/8 Rear Brake Rotor for GM
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
We offer a guide to follow when selecting a new set of brake pads for your race car. It's important to know the friction quality and pad size before selecting a new set of racing pads.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.