Premium 9 Inch Mini Spool and Cross Pin Kit, 31 Spline
Ford 8 Inch, Ford 9 Inch, Mini Spool Type, 31 Spline Count
- Replace the old spider gears inside your stock differential carrier with our stronger mini spool and cross pin kit
- Our premium mini spool is forged from durable 8620 steel with a larger diameter for maximum strength
- This kit fits Ford 8 inch or 9 inch rear axles and works for most 31 spline dirt applications and some asphalt
- Cross pin is constructed of chromoly steel and measures 3/4" in diameter with a length of 4.875" and will stand up to lots of racing abuse
- It will not work on posi carriers
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
(1) Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool
(1) 9 Inch Ford Chromoly Cross Pin
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool
Our forged 8620 steel mini spools are designed to replace the spider gears inside the stock differential carrier. This premium mini spool features a larger diameter for maximum strength. It works great for most dirt applications and some asphalt.
- For Ford 8 or 9" rear axles
- Will NOT work on posi carrier
- 31 Spline
9 Inch Ford Chromoly Cross Pin
Our 3/4" cross pin for the 8" & 9" Ford axle is machined from chromoly steel and will stand up to lots of racing abuse.
- Overall Diameter: 0.75"
- Overall Length: 4.875"
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Premium 9 Inch Ford Mini Spool, 31 SplinePart # 6553100Qty x 1
Speedway 9 Inch Ford Chromoly Cross PinPart # 6557520Qty x 1
Q & A
Tim talks about our Winters quick change rear end & components.
Learn about the power behind the G-body platform and the steps to upgrade a 7.5" bolt rear end to a 8.5" to withstand high horsepower. See how to change the differential fluid and install new gaskets.
Read up on GM 10 bolt ring and pinion installation instructions. Follow along as our employee Zach installs a GM 10 bolt rebuild kit from Motive Gear.
Need help with rear end identification for your classic car? Learn how to identify 9 inch Ford housings and how to measure your axle with our diagrams.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A short article explaining the main differences between open and limited slip differentials.
Lucas P. explains how to choose the correct part for a Ford 9" third member build in order to achieve a bulletproof rear. You will find specific recommended parts to use from Speedway Motors.