Powermaster 82051-2 PowerGEN Early GM Alternator, 12-Volt, Black
One Wire Alternator, V-Belt Belt Type, Generator-Look Alternator Case Style, Powder Coated
- Features a simple, one wire hook up
- It includes lamp terminal for (GEN) charge light
- Specially designed to fit GM applications up to 1964 models
- Puts out 65 amp at idle, 75 amp while cruising, and 90 amp at top end
- Comes with stock-appearing mounting brackets (the stock fan carrier bolts to that bracket) and pulleys that accept wide 3/8” belts
If you like traditional looks and reliable, modern performance, you’ll love this cool 1-wire alternator. It has the look of an original generator, but is really a 12-volt, negative-ground alternator that produces 65 amps at idle and 75 amps going down the road. This model is designed to fit GM applications up to 1964 models (except with generator mounted power steering pump) and features a simple one-wire hookup.
We offer this one wire alternator in a black powder coat finish with included stock-appearing mounting brackets (the stock fan carrier bolts to that bracket) and pulleys that accept wide 3/8” belts.
- GM long frame (7.1 field housing)
- Easy one-wire hookup
- 65 amp idle, 75 amp cruise, 90 amp top end
- Includes lamp terminal for (GEN) charge light
- 3/8" wide belt pulley included
- Some applications may require pulley transfer from original generator
- Uses stock-appearing bracket and fan carrier bolts
Powergen Cutaway View (Link)
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.