Powermaster 8162 50 Amp Mini Racing Alternator
Universal Fit, One Wire Alternator, V-Belt Belt Type, Denso Alternator Case Style, Black
- Has a high output to weight ratio
- Case has a black heat dispersant coating
- Comes with low drag, high speed bearings
- Features a true 1-wire hookup with set voltage of 14.7
- Specifically designed to provide you with all the electrical punch you need, while saving weight and space
Powermaster provides all the electrical punch you need, while saving weight and space. One-wire unit that cranks out 14.7 volts and 50 amps.
- True 1-wire hookup with set voltage of 14.7
- High output to weight ratio
- Low drag, high speed bearings
- Black heat dispersant coating
NOTE: Mini alternators are NOT IMCA approved for Hobby Stock or Sport Mod Divisions.
Mini Alternator Dimensions (Link)
Dyno Graph (Link)
- 30A @ 2,400 rpm @ 13.2 VDC @ 77°F
- Operating Range: -40°C to 150°C
- Max RPM: 20,000
- Weight: 5.80 lbs.
- 5" deep from front to back
- 4-1/4" wide on the back of the unit side to side
- 5-1/4" on the centerline between the bolt mounting holes
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Powermaster 8-800 SB Chevy 50 Amp Mini Alternator Kit w/V-Belt
Powermaster 8-722 SB Chevy 75 Amp Mini Alternator w/Serp-Belt Kit
Powermaster 8-721 SB Chevy 100 Amp Mini Alternatorw/ V-Belt Kit
Powermaster 8-27926 Snug-Fit Chrome Alternator, 100 Amp
Powermaster 37295 Smooth-Look Chrome Alternator, 140 Amp, GM 12SI
Powermaster 7297 Smooth Look Alternators, 100 AMP
Powermaster 17297 Smooth Look Alternators, 100 AMP
Powermaster 8-881 Snug Mount 100 AMP Alternator Kit
Powermaster 57297 GM 12SI 150 Amp Smooth Look Alternator, Black
Speedway 1-Wire 14-Volt Racing Alternator
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.