Powermaster 57294 GM 12SI 150 Amp Alternator, Black
One Wire Alternator, V-Belt Belt Type, GM 12SI Alternator Case Style, 12-Volt Voltage Required
- Works as either a 1 or 3 wire operation
- Features a black finish with fan baffle to dissipate heat
- It is internally regulated and comes with a single groove pulley
- Puts out 150 amp with 90 amps at idle, and 125 amps at cruising speed
- Specially designed for the 1965-'85 with straight mount 6.61 inch bolt spacing
Powermaster's most popular GM alternator fits most models, 1965-'85 with straight mount 6.61 inch bolt spacing.
- Works as 1 or 3 wire operation
- Internally regulated
- Pulley included, single groove
- V-belt style
- 150 amp with 90 amps at idle, and 125 amps at cruising speed
- Black finish with fan baffle
Powermaster Alternator FAQ's (Link)
See the difference between the popluar alternators we offer by reading our tech article, GM Alternator Buying Guide (Link) and learn how to correctly install your new 1-wire alternator by reading our tech article, 1-Wire Alternator Conversion (Link).
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.
Follow along as our Expert details his restoration methods for making an engine in an old 1954 Chevy look new again with a little cleaning and refinishing.