Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve for GM Pump, 2 GPM
- Solves oversensitive steering problems
- Reduces fluid flow from 3 GPM (gallons per minute) to 2 GPM
- For applications using the O-ring style power steering hoses
- Use with GM "type 1" power steering pumps
- Includes detailed instructions for installation
It is common to use an early GM power steering pump with a Mustang II power rack and pinion. Most who have tried it have found that the steering was twitchy or that it easily darts. This valve will replace the existing fitting in the back of the early GM power steering pump and reduces the fluid flow from three gallons-per-minute to two gallons-per-minute, which cures the problem. For applications using the O-ring style power steering hoses (use in conjunction with adapter insert # 910-32921 for inverted flare hose application). Installs in the back side of the pump (see above illustration pictures).
If converting pump from modern 16mm o-ring to traditional 5/8" inverted flare style hoses and utilizing this pressure reducer adapter fitting, use this fitting in conjunction with the following adapter insert and order (1) Adapter Insert 910-32921.
- For applications using the O-ring style power steering hoses. Installs in the back side of the pump (see above illustration pictures).
- If converting the pump from modern 16mm O-ring to traditional 5/8" inverted flare style hoses and utilizing this pressure reducing flow valve, use this valve in conjunction with the adapter insert 910-32921.
910-32918 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Bills Hot Rod Co. 1001 Power Steering Flow Control Valve Kit
KRC Power Steering 25304000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 1.18 GPM, ID:4
KRC Power Steering 25306000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 1.70 GPM, ID:6
KRC Power Steering 25307000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 1.96 GPM, ID:7
KRC Power Steering 253010000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 2.65 GPM, ID:C
KRC Power Steering 25305000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 1.43 GPM, ID:5
KRC Power Steering 25309000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 2.41 GPM, ID:B
KRC Power Steering 253011000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 2.75 GPM, ID:D
KRC 25308000 Pump Flow Control Valve, 2.22 GPM, ID: None, Base Flow
Vintage Air 852001 Flow Control Valve
Q & A
Learn about Mustang II Power steering and the components that are necessary for success.
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.
If you are confused as to how that new steering wheel you want is going to attach to your project's steering column then this buyer's guide should be your first visit before adding that new wheel to your shopping list.