Melling 10552ST High Volume SB Chevy Oil Pump, 3/4 Inch, Stage 2
Chevy Small Block V8, High Volume Oil Pump Volume, High Pressure Oil Pump Pressure, Cast Iron
These High Volume performance oil pumps feature 10% increase in flow over stock using Melling's exclusive helical asymmetrical pump gears with patented out-board shaft support. The design of the gears provides for a significant reduction in the pressure ripple (pulsing) found in spur gear pumps. The reduction in the pressure ripple improves the wear and performance of the components assembled to the pump. The intermediate shaft and distributor gear wear will be reduced along with improvements in the performance of the distributor, less spark scatter. The patented out-board shaft supports allow the drive and idler shaft to be extended into the cover for additional support. The additional support eliminates dynamic shaft defection at increased RPM levels causing the pump to run more efficiently. Threaded valve plug retains the pressure relief spring thus eliminating the retaining pin. Included with the pump is the 12550 Chrome-Moly intermediate shaft with steel guide along with optional lower and higher pressure relief springs.
- High volume output- 10% more flow than stock
- Exclusive asymmetrical helical gears with patented outboard shaft supports in cover
- Significant reduction in pressure ripple (pulsing)
- Reduction in torque ripple in pump drive
- Improved distributor operation
- Reduction in spark scatter
- Improved distributor gear and intermediate shaft wear
- Includes 12550 chrome-moly intermediate shaft with steel guide
- Uses 3/4" diameter bolt-on or press fit screen
- For Small Block Chevy engines
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.