Manley 42133 Pushrod Length Checker for Big Block Chevy
396 Chevy Big Block V8, 402 Chevy Big Block V8, 427 Chevy Big Block V8, 454 Chevy Big Block V8
For Big Block Chevy. Just slip it over a 7/16" rocker arm stud to instantly tell how much longer or shorter the pushrods need to be.
- Long valves, milled heads, cut blocks, small base circle camshafts all move rocker geometry far from optimum
- Correct length pushrods keep rockers centered on the valve tip and reduce stem and guide wear
- Checker tells the engine builder instantly what length pushrod is required
This is a very simple tool to use:
- Rotate lifter to cam base circle and slide the tool over the rocker stud.
- One of the ears on either side of the tool will rest on either the valve tip or the pushrod.
- If the tool rests on the valve tip, you will measure the gap left between the pushrod and the end of the tool. This distance will be added to the existing pushrod length for the new length needed for correct geometry.
- If the tool rests on the pushrod, and there is a gap between the tool and the valve tip, you will subtract the distance from the existing pushrod length for correct geometry.
- Works great with a pushrod length checking tool.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Pushrod Length Checker, 7.5-8.7 Inches
Pushrod Length Checker, 8.5-9.8 Inches
COMP Cams 7705 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool Set, Adjustable 5.8-9.8 In.
COMP Cams 7706-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 9.8-10.8 Inch
COMP Cams 7707-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 10.8-11.8 In.
COMP Cams 7712-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 10.8-11.8 In.
COMP Cams 7701-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 5.8-6.8 Inch
COMP Cams 7702-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 6.8-7.8 Inch
COMP Cams 7703-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 7.8-8.8 Inch
COMP Cams 7704-1 Hi-Tech Pushrod Length Tool, Adjustable 8.8-9.8 Inch
Q & A
What happens when you advance or retard a camshaft? In this tech article, we explain the pros and cons of installing your cam straight up, advancing or retarding.
Learn the basics to engine performance like; how does a cam work? What is Valve lift, duration, lobe separation angle, and cam profiles? Afterwords selecting the right camshaft will be less of a guessing game!
Learn how to re-build a junkyard Small Block Chevy. A step-by-step guide on how to select a SBC, machine the valve guide bosses down, and what parts to use to upgrade to your personal liking.
Rebuilding an engine? Stay organized by using a valvetrain rocker arm organizer tray while disassembling the valvetrain components. Learn some tips on why you shouldn't mix up lifters if you intend on using them again.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.
To get the longest life and most performance out of your engine, it's important to have the valve lash set correctly. Here we show you how to set valve lash on a small block Chevy using a hydraulic lift camshaft.
Follow along as we install a Pete Jackson Noisy Gear Drive on a Chevy 454. Learn about the installation process from Speedway Motors Street Tech Kevin.