Longacre® 52-52032 Liquid Filled 21/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-15
2.5" Diameter, Analog Gauge Type, 15 psi Pressure Rating, Liquid Filled, 17" Hose Length, White
- This liquid filled tire pressure gauge features a 2-1/2" glow-in-the-dark face and includes a protective, shock-resistant bumper for long life
- Ensure precise air pressure readings with this accurate gauge that reads in 1/2 lb. increments with 2% accuracy and it holds pressure until released
- The tire gauge contains a built-in tire pressure deflator valve to drop your pressure to your desired level and reduce pressure in overinflated tires
- Features a 17" flexible hose and includes both an angle and ball chuck for added convenience and easy access to the tire valve from any angle
- This 0-15 psi gauge includes a vent valve on the top of the gauge, allowing you to equalize internal and external pressures, guaranteeing accuracy
NEW Design Tire Pressure Gauge - Great looking new graphics, reads in 1/4 lb. increments and includes both angle and ball chucks.
- 2 1/2" Deluxe Gauge with protective bumper
- 1/4 lb. increments with 2% accuracy
- 17" hose with swivel angle chuck installed with alternate ball chuck included
- Dual bleed air pressure release buttons for faster setting
- HOLDS PRESSURE READING UNTIL RELEASED
- Glow-in-the-Dark dial face
- Specially designed vent valve to equalize pressure and maintain gauge accuracy
ALL liquid filled gauges are purposely filled to just 80%. The remaining 20% air pocket helps allow for thermal expansion and contraction as ambient temperature changes, thereby maintaining accuracy. If the gauge were filled to 100% even the slightest temperature change would significantly affect gauge readings as the expanding fluid would have no place to go. To give you even further accuracy over a wide operating range these Longacre® gauges have a Special Vent Valve on the top of the gauge. A quick turn of the knob allows you to totally equalize internal and external pressures, guaranteeing the best accuracy possible.Liquid filled gauges have many advantages. But they can change readings by as much as 2-3 psi if the temperature changes...
All pressure gauges - liquid filled and regular - need to be vented to the outside to read accurately. If not vented, as the surrounding temperature changes, they will build up pressure inside and affect the accuracy - by as much as 2-3 psi!
But if a liquid filled gauge is vented it will leak on your hands and in your tool box. Some manufacturers aren't aware of this and don't vent the gauge. You then have to deal with the variation in accuracy.
Now from Longacre® comes the simple answer to this problem. We have installed a specially designed pressure equalizer valve on the top of the gauge. Before you use the gauge just loosen the knob on top of the gauge 1/4 turn, then hand retighten. Instantly any temperature-caused pressure difference will be eliminated and you will be guaranteed the most accurate readings possible.
If you have a liquid filled tire gauge prove it to yourself. Take your gauge that has been in a cool place and in the typical range you use. Then take the gauge and put it out in the sun for about 45 minutes, as would happen during a race. Then re-check the tire that is still in the cool place. You will see that the reading has changed. You know that the pressure in the tire is the same so the gauge reading must now be off. How will this affect your handling to have tire pressures high or low by several psi? What's worse is that you don't know at what temp the gauge is actually correct! It depends on the temp in the factory when it was manufactured. You could remove the rubber fill plug on the gauge. But then the liquid would leak out.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Longacre® 52-52022 Liquid Filled 2-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-30 psi
Longacre® 52-52002 Liquid Filled 2-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52008 Liquid Filled 2.5 Quick Fill Gauge, 0-60
Longacre® 52-52012 Liquid Filled 2.5 GID Tire Gauge 0-45 psi
Longacre® 52-52094 Liquid Filled 2 1/2 TPG Head Only 0-15 psi
Longacre® 52-52031 Magnum 3 1/2 GID Tire Gauge 0-15 by 1/4 lb
Longacre® 52-52007 Magnum 3-1/2 GID Quick Fill Gauge 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52082 Liquid Filled 2 1/2 TPG Head Only 0-60 psi
Longacre® 52-52090 Liquid Filled 2 1/2 TPG Head Only 0-30 psi
Longacre® 52-52000 Pro Precision 4-1/2 Tire Gauge, 0-60psi
Q & A
Here are some things to think about when purchasing a quality tire pressure gauge.
Tire pressure affects many variables that contribute to speed. Find out more on how the right amount of air can help you reach your goals.
Find out more about the effects of temperature on tire pressure.
Find out how to achieve the correct tire pressure for optimal race car performance.
Learn the importance of maintaining the right pressure in your tires for longer wear, enhanced handling and to get better fuel economy.
Here is something for everyone's toolbox! Follow Steve as he demonstrates the versatility of Speedway Motors' very handy Wheel Bolt Pattern Tool.
Learn how simple it is to remove broken or stubborn studs with Titan Tools extractor tool.
Many sanctioning bodies now require mud covers to be bolted to the wheel and the mounting tabs to be integral or welded to the wheel. This article explains how to properly bolt on mud covers and the tools required to do so.