LizardSkin Ceramic/Sound Control Application Kit
- Spray-applied automotive sound damping coating - great for reducing exterior noises and enhancing sound systems
- Covers 45-50 sq. ft. at 0.040" thickness
- 0.040" thick application can lower the interior temperature of a vehicle by 25-30°F
- Able to withstand temperatures of up to 500°F
- One-part coating system adheres to most any material and is easily applied to irregular surfaces and geometries
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
LizardSkin Sound Control
LizardSkin Sound Control is a spray-applied automotive sound damping coating that is great for reducing exterior noises and enhancing sound systems. It is an advanced, water-based composition of a high-grade acrylic binder with sound-damping particles.
Sound Control is used by custom car, street rod, truck builders, and anyone else who wants to reduce unwanted noise and/or enhance the sound of their high-end audio systems. It is best applied by the SuperPro Application Kit to a clean and dry, rust-free surface. For maximum acoustic performance in your ride, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces.
Since Sound Control not only dampens noise but also protects surfaces, it will help keep the integrity of your ride intact for years. The coating can withstand temperatures to 300° F. One 2 gallon container of LizardSkin Sound Control will cover 40-45 sq. ft. at 0.040” thickness dry.
LizardSkin Ceramic Thermal Auto Insulation
LizardSkin is a revolutionary product that can lower the interior temperature of a vehicle from 25 to 30 degrees with only a .040" thick application. LizardSkin Ceramic Thermal Insulation coating is a premium spray-on thermal insulation product for all cars, trucks, street rods, customs or race cars - wherever heat is a problem. LizardSkin Ceramic Insulation is an advanced spray-on thermal coating that consists of a water-based composition of high-grade acrylic binders with ceramic insulation particles to create a thermal barrier.
With LizardSkin's spray-on ceramic thermal auto insulation, heat entering the interior is reduced by 30°F or more, making for a cooler, more comfortable ride. For maximum automotive thermal performance, encapsulate the entire interior and all appropriate exterior surfaces. LizardSkin can also be used on the exterior of a vehicle and when used in wheel wells it reduces the chance of starring from thrown rocks. Since it is impervious to moisture after drying, it helps to seal the surface to which it is applied.
- Covers 45-50 sq. ft. at 0.040" thickness dry.
- Class A fire-rated
- Environmentally friendly solution
- Provides non-combustible thermal insulation
- Eliminates cut and paste waste
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 500°F
- Adheres to most any material
- Continuous protective moisture barrier
- One-part coating system
- Lightweight (around 0.1 lbs/ft2)
- No respirator needed, but dust mask/protective eyewear is recommended
- Easy spray-on application
- Can be easily applied to irregular surfaces and geometries
- Offers a protective, seamless membrane
- Fast clean up with soap and water
- Black in color
Storage: LizardSkin Sound Control should be kept in a storage area above 60 deg F or above. The product can be reused if sealed correctly. It is best to keep the container out of direct sunlight for sustained periods of time.
Shelf Life: One-year shelf life from date of manufacture.
Caution: Do not let product freeze.
How much do I need?
- Measure length and width of all surfaces to be coated accounting for all curves and irregular shapes.
- Multiply length times width to get your total square footage.
- Divide total Ceramic Insulation square footage by 25 to calculate gallons needed.
- Round up to the next gallon to account for any square footage calculation errors.
- 14 ft times 7 ft equals 98 sq. ft.
- Then 98 sq. ft. divided by 25 equals 3.92 gallons
- By rounding 3.92 up to 4, you will need four gallons of Ceramic Insulation
LizardSkin coatings must be applied to a clean, dry surface that is free from rust and corrosion. For bare steel surfaces, a primer with at least 15% elongation is required. All other types of substrates do not require a primer. LizardSkin can be applied without scuffing to a newly primed metal surface.
If existing primer or paint has been on the substrate for more than 5-7 days, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed to allow for good mechanical adhesion. For aluminum, stainless, fiberglass and wood, the surface needs to be cleaned and scuffed prior to the application of LizardSkin. Mask off any areas that you don’t want coated.
Spec Sheet (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
LizardSkin 50115 Sound Control Insulation, 2 GallonPart # 91044052Qty x 1
LizardSkin 50100 Ceramic Thermal Insulation, 2 GallonPart # 91044050Qty x 1
LizardSkin 50125 Super Pro Application KitPart # 91044055Qty x 1
Q & A
Marz Henry of LizardSkin gives a basic overview of the many uses of LizardSkin.
Pat goes over some of the sound dampening items we have to offer.
Marx Henry of Lizard Skin demonstrates the use and application of the Lizard Skin product.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. discusses some of the expanding carpet and interior accessories selection available at Speedway Motors.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. discusses some interior restoration products available at Speedway Motors.
Video demonstration of the ease of installation and quality of HushMat sound deadening & thermal insulation material. Check out this video for installation tips/tricks to aid with installation.
This video summarizes the brand differences and value offered by HushMat compared to the “off-shore” competition. HushMat MADE IN THE USA for three decades and proud of it.