If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement you should first contact us via Customer Service by calling 800.979.0122. If you prefer to write us our postal address is:
Speedway Motors, Inc. 340 Victory Lane Lincoln, NE 68528 firstname.lastname@example.org
Speedway Motors has taken numerous precautions to guard your security while making purchases online in order to make you feel comfortable and secure. Our goal is to make you feel as comfortable shopping here as you would from our catalog or retail showroom.
What information is being collected?
Personal information is data that can be used to identify you as an individual by reference to a direct identifier, such as name or contact information, or with indirect identifiers, such as device identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of a specific individual (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information when you visit the Site in order to provide you with the products or services that you have requested, including notification of any problems, as well as to alert you under appropriate circumstances of any offerings that you might have an interest in. We also collect Personal Information to prevent fraud, improve our Site and offerings, and enforce our Terms and Conditions. Further information about our data collection practices is provided below.
· Data you provide to us. We collect Personal Information that you provide to us, such as when you place an order for a product or service. In order to process and deliver your requests, you will be asked for your name, shipping and billing addresses, your email address, and your credit card information. We may also ask you to voluntarily register as a user of our Site. If you submit a product review through the Site, we will collect information related to your name, location, and any information you provide in the text of your review, including any images you upload as a part of your review. Additionally, if you request one of our newsletters or send an inquiry to one of our customer service representatives, we will securely store a record of your request, along with your email address, in order to coordinate any follow-up correspondence or to help you stay connected and informed about your inquiry.
· Data from third parties. We may also collect Personal Information about you from other sources, including your social media account information if you voluntarily use your Facebook.com login credentials during your Site visit. If you choose PayPal to process any payments on our Site, we collect relevant transaction information from the payment vendor to facilitate your request or order.
We use appropriate and reasonable security measures as required by relevant law and security best practices to maintain and secure your Personal Information and further require the third parties with whom we work with to implement and maintain appropriate, technical measures to protect your Personal Information.
You can control what cookies you allow on our Site by selecting your preferences in your web browser settings. Be advised that if you change your settings to block certain cookies, some features on our Site may not operate as intended. We do not support the Do Not Track browser option.
With whom do we share your information?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to anyone. In limited circumstances, as described below, we may share your Personal Information as needed to run our business and provide services, and also as required for legal compliance purposes.
· Vendors, consultants, and other service providers. We may transmit your Personal Information to third party vendors, consultants, and service providers who assist us in processing orders, shipping products, processing payment information, sending catalogs, conducting surveys, processing job applications, and sending emails and newsletters. We have agreements with these third parties that require protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Some of these third parties may have their own privacy statements, which may give you additional protections. You are encouraged to read those statements when presented.
· Affiliates and business partners. We may provide Personal Information to affiliated companies and business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our affiliate’s or business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic catalogs from us or other notices containing information about new products and services or upcoming events. Occasionally, we may make our postal mailing address lists available to subsidiaries and affiliated companies that are part of the Speedway Motors' family of companies. We may also make our postal mailing address lists available to other direct mail companies who we believe may have products and services of interest to our customers. However, we do not share email addresses, telephone numbers, or facsimile numbers with any third parties for marketing purposes.
· Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then we may sell or otherwise transfer your Personal Information as part of the transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
· Legal purposes. We will disclose your Personal Information outside of Speedway Motors when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process. In such circumstances, we may, and you authorize us to, share information with the requesting government agency or investigatory body, including law enforcement or regulatory authorities. In all cases, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request. Any law enforcement or government agency request submitted with less than a court-issued order will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to the need and urgency as well as the particular law enforcement agency making the request.
· With your consent. We may share your Personal Information for any other legitimate purpose if we notify and receive your consent for such disclosure.
How do I access, update, or delete my Personal Information?
We will collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Policy, which includes your rights to control the collection, use, and sharing of your data, as provided below:
· Access your data. You may request access to a copy of the Personal Information that we collect from you with your consent or as necessary to provide our services.
· Delete your data. You can request erasure or deletion of all or some of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
· Change your data. If you are a registered user of the Site, you can directly manage many aspects of your registration information by accessing the "My Account" section. You may also exercise control over the use of your email address, allowing you to opt-out of future email messages from this Site. You may also notify us of your privacy preference by calling, sending an email, or by writing to us at the postal address provided below. In your requests, please provide us with your exact name and postal address and define which lists you wish to be removed from so that we can be sure your information is removed from future mailing lists.
For security reasons, however, some parts of your Personal Information may not be changed online and may require you to call or write to us in order to verify your identity before changes can be made.
· Object to, limit or restrict use of your data. You can request that we stop using all or some of your Personal Information. We may continue to process data after such request to the extent required or permitted by law. Due to various legal and recordkeeping requirements, we may be required to maintain records of your purchases or other activities on this Site. However, you will always be permitted to opt-out of any marketing uses of your Personal Information.
· California residents are further entitled to ask us for information identifying the sources, categories, and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected on them, including the purpose(s) and with whom we share that data. California residents may also request to opt-out of the sale of their Personal Information per our California Privacy Rights page. California residents may not be discriminated against for exercising any of these additional rights.
Please visit our California Privacy Rights page. To exercise your rights you may contact us by sending us a written request to email@example.com. If you prefer, you may also contact us by phone at 800.979.0122, or postal mail at Speedway Motors, Inc. 340 Victory Lane Lincoln, NE 68528.
How long do you retain Personal Information?
We retain your Personal Information over the course of your use of a registered account on our Site and as further needed to facilitate and execute orders for products and services to you. We will also retain your Personal Information for as long a period as we have a lawful basis for the continued retention or processing, including legitimate interests where the processing of Personal Information is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights. Personal information may be retained for extended time period for limited purposes, such as for our legal and compliance obligations. These bases are subject to your rights to access and control your data, as described above.
What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control?
Speedway Motors values your business and is committed to doing everything possible to make our online ordering process secure and protect your Personal Information. We use appropriate and reasonable security measures as required by relevant law and security best practices. Our Site also uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to communicate with secure browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer. These browsers encrypt your credit card and other Personal Information in a way that makes it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept and misuse while being transmitted between your computer and our server. If your browse is not secure, you will not be able to complete a purchase on our Site. We also take further precautions to protect the security and privacy of the information stored on our computer networks. Many of the systems which store your Personal Information are not connected to the Internet, reducing the likelihood of security breaches. Our systems are also housed in secure facilities, and access to your data by our employees is limited to a "need to know" basis, controlled by password protected systems, and monitored for abuse.
However, no system is 100% secure. We cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If you are unsure of giving your credit card over the Internet, please feel free to phone, fax, or mail your order to us. For telephone ordering or assistance, please call 800.979.0122. Our fax number for orders is 800.768.3733. Or send your order to:
Speedway Motors, Inc. Attn: Order Processing 340 Victory Lane Lincoln, NE 68528
If you have any further questions regarding our data security practices, please contact us at 800.979.0122 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, nor do we market or direct our services or products to children under the age of 16. If we determine that we have erroneously collected Personal Information from a child under 16 years old, we will immediately undertake to delete that data from our records. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents who are under the age of 18 may also request and obtain removal of their Personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org as detailed on our California Privacy Rights page.