Ididit 1120570010 1957 Chevy Tilt Steering Column, Plain
Bel Air, One-Fifty Series, Two-Ten Series, Del Ray, Nomad, Sedan Delivery, Direct Mount Type
- Has a 3-7/8" wiring plug and a 1" DD lower shaft
- Designed to use the common 1969 and up GM wheel adapters
- Column has self-canceling turn signals as well as 4 way flashers
- This tilt steering column is specially designed for the 1957 Chevy
- The columns with no shifter will move the steering wheel back 2" towards the driver
Make your 1957 Chevy more comfortable to drive by installing a new Ididit steering column. Ididit tilt steering columns with no shifter will move the steering wheel back 2" towards the driver. Columns use the common 1969 and up GM wheel adapters.
- Self-Canceling Turn Signals
- 4-Way Flashers
- Billet Knobs and Handles
- 3-7/8" Wiring Plug
- 1" DD Lower Shaft
- Plain steel finish
Wiring adapters for the stock harness are listed along with a floor mount. When using the original steering box, the input shaft will need to be cut and modified into a 3/4" DD.
446-1257 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.