Ididit 1120550020 1955-56 Chevy Tilt Steering Column, Chrome
55-56 Bel Air, 55-56 One-Fifty Series, 55-56 Two-Ten Series, 55-56 Nomad, 55-56 Sedan Delivery
- Designed specifically for the 1955-1956 Chevy cars
- Tilt, non-shift columns move the steering wheel back 2" while the non-tilt leaves it in the stock location
- Uses the common 1969 and up GM wheel adapters and 3-7/8" wiring plug
- Columns are made to use 1" DD U-joints
- Has an overall length of 31.5" and features chrome finish
Uses the common 1969 and up GM wheel adapters and 3-7/8" wiring plug. Listed below are wiring adapters for the stock harness along with a floor mount. No-shift columns use 1" DD U-joints. When using the original steering box, the input shaft will need to be cut and modified into a 3/4" DD.
Item Detailsw/o Shift
446-1255C Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about the correct parts needed to set up the power steering system on his 1955 BelAir.