Ididit 1011280010 Straight Series Steering Column, 28 Inch, Plain
Universal Fit, Universal Mount Type, Straight Column Type, Floor Shifter Location, Natural
ididit's Classic straight steering column has that great vintage look and will help add style and class to your ride! This straight column features a sleek, stylish head and a smaller tube diameter. Self-canceling turn signals, 4-way flashers, horn wiring and our standard dress-up kit are included with this column. Available in paintable steel, chrome plated steel, or black powder coated. Standard lengths include 16", 28", 30", 32", and 35". All ididit steering wheel adaptors will fit this column.
- Fits: Universal
- Lower Shaft: 3/4" 36
- Neutral Safety Switch: No
- 4-Way Flashers: Yes
- Self-Canceling Turn Signals: Yes
- Upper Shaft: 69 to '94 GM Passenger Car
- Shifter Location: Floor Shift
- Telescoping Head: No
- Wire Plug: GM 3-7/8"
- Horn: Yes
- Floor Mount Included: No
- Knobs & Levers Included: Yes
- Under Dash Mount Included: No
- Column mounts / column drops for consideration
- Collapsible: No
- Lower Tube Diameter (in): 1-3/4"
- Upper Tube Diameter (in): 1-3/4"
- Column Length: 28.00 in Paintable Steel Paintable Steel Dash
- Transmission: Manual and Auto
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.
If you're upgrading to an ididit tilt steering column, you'll need the dimensions of the column to make sure it fits. Click here for dimensional drawings of ididit's 4 different column designs.
Tired of those nasty, sticky indicator levers on you GM steering column? Resurrect them with Speedway Motors' Column Dress-up Kit, reviewed here by one of our own employees!