Hybrid Pinto Brake Rotor & Bearing Kit, 5 on 5
Universal Fit, Front Position, Round Rotor Shape, 10 Inch Rotor Diameter, Vented Rotor Type
- Our new 10" hybrid brake rotor and bearing kit is perfect to fit the Pinto spindle to help gain maximum stopping power for your ride
- Features a 10" cast iron Pinto rotor, 2-1/2" seal, a replacement inner & outer wheel bearing cone, a wheel dust cap set, & a spindle nut/washer kit
- The hybrid brake rotor comes complete with inner and outer races, 5/8" wheel studs, and a 5 on 5" bolt pattern with predrilled holes for 5 on 4.75"
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- (1) 10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor for Pinto
- (1) 2-1/2 Inch Seal
- (1) Replacement Tapered Outer Wheel Bearing Bearing Cone
- (1) Replacement Tapered Inner Wheel Bearing Cone
- (1) Wheel Dust Cap Set
- (1) Pinto-Mustang II Spindle Nut & Washer Kit
10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor for Pinto
Our new 10" hybrid rotor is designed to fit the Pinto spindle. Complete with inner and outer races and 5/8" studs. Pre-drilled holes include 5 on 5" bolt circle spacing.
- IMCA Approved
- Position: Front
- Rotor Shape: Round
- Rotor Diameter: 10 Inch
- Rotor Type: Vented
- Rotor Style: Plain Face
- Rotor Thickness: 0.81"
- Bolt Pattern: 5 on 5"
- Flange Diameter: 6.37"
- Stud Length: 2.05"
- Stud Diameter: 0.63"
- Thread Length: 1.38"
- Thread Pitch: 5/8"-11
- Notes: The studs are installed as 5 on 5.00", but drilled out for 5 on 4.75". Flange height is 1.75"
Replacement Tapered Inner Wheel Bearing Cone
These steel inner bearing cones are replacement for our GM to Ford brake conversion bearing and seal kits. Fits tapered-bearing hubs. Works with stepped shaft spindles.
- Inner bearing cones
- High quality through hardened bearing steel for improved reliability
- High grade rollers have improved profile and surface finish for
- increased life and reduced edge stress
- Inside Diameter: 1.375"
- Outside Diameter: 2.157"
Wheel Dust Cap Set
These wheel dust caps are replacements for your old, beat-up caps. Made of stamped steel with a chrome plated finish.
- Finish: Chrome
- Material Type: Steel
- Sold in Quantity: Pair
- Diameter: 2.085"
Pinto-Mustang II Spindle Nut & Washer Kit
Complete kit for 2 spindles; nuts, washers, cotter pins. For 1974-80 Pinto, Bobcat and Mustang II.
- Thread size of nut: 13/16"-20
- The nuts in this set are 11/32nds" (.344") thick
- The washer thicknes in this set is 0.09 Inches
Proper Break-In Procedure for Steel or Cast Iron Rotors
New steel/iron rotors should be bedded in before being used in racing conditions. Proper bedding will prepare the rotor surface, prolong the rotor's life, and make it more resistant to thermal checking or cracking under severe braking conditions. The following procedures should be performed when bedding in both steel and cast iron rotors. It is best to bed in a new rotor using a used set of pads, preferably ones which will not create heat rapidly. Generating heat too rapidly will thermal shock the rotors. Likewise, when bedding in a new set of brake pads it is best to perform the process on a used rotor. This new/used bedding process permits controlled bedding of each individual component.
Make sure rotor surfaces are free from oils, grease, and brake fluid. Run vehicle up to a moderate speed and make several medium deceleration stops to heat up the rotor slowly. This will help reduce the chance of thermal shock caused by uneven heating of the rotor. Pull into the pits and allow the rotor to cool to ambient air temperature. Care should be taken not to ride the brakes into the pits as this may hot spot the rotor causing premature wear to the surface or structural damage.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Speedway 10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor for PintoPart # 91031027Qty x 1
Seal: 1.938x2.5x.28 STK PintoPart # 912S19221Qty x 1
BRG Cone-Outer TaperedPart # 912TLM12749Qty x 1
Replacement Tapered Inner Wheel Bearing ConePart # 912TL68149Qty x 1
Wheel Dust Caps, Chrome, 2.085 Hub I.D.Part # 5502486Qty x 1
Pinto-Mustang II Spindle Nut & Washer KitPart # 910615074Qty x 1
More Like This
AFCO Hybrid Pinto Brake Rotor & Bearing Kit, 5 on 5
Replacement Carbon Steel Brake Rotors
Stainless Steel Drilled Brake Rotor for Spindle Mount Wheel
Front Polished Stainless Steel Replacement Brake Rotor, 1/4 x 10 Inch
Speedway 10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor for Pinto
11 Inch GM Brake Rotor with Ford Bolt Pattern
Speedway Replacement 11-1/4 Inch Rear Brake Rotor
Emergency Brake Replacement Rotor
Pro-Lite Vented Rear Brake Rotor and Hat Kit
Speedway Pro-Lite Vented Brake Rotor, 11.75 x .81 Inch
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
We offer a guide to follow when selecting a new set of brake pads for your race car. It's important to know the friction quality and pad size before selecting a new set of racing pads.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.