High Volume Adjustable Small Block Chevy SBC Oil Pump, 5/8 Pickup
Chevy Small Block V8, High Volume Oil Pump Volume, High Pressure Oil Pump Pressure, Steel
There are many scenarios where a standard-volume oil pump won't provide the protection your SBC engine needs. Engines with loose clearances (quick rebuilds or high-mileage engines) will need more oil volume to maintain a desired pressure. Engines operating at sustained high RPM (racing) also typically need more oil volume to maintain pressure in all oil galleries.
These high-volume oil pumps move 25% more oil by utilizing 1.500" long internal gears, which is .300" longer than stock pumps. Another benefit of high volume oil pumps is increased pressure at idle, providing some much needed peace of mind on the street.
All components are hand-selected for perfect fit and function. The high-nickel body and end plate have been machined to balance the pressure at all RPMs, which reduces cavitation and increases longevity. This adjustable oil pump includes three pressure springs. The general rule of thumb is 10 PSI for every 1,000 RPM, so these springs will allow you to tune the system to your needs.
- For 1955-1999 small block Chevy V8
- 25% more volume than stock oil pumps
- Ideal for high-mileage, basic rebuilds, and racing engines
- Recommended for applications with remote filters or coolers
- Upgraded 1.500" long gear (.300" longer than stock)
- 55 PSI spring installed, 65 & 80 PSI springs included
- Includes steel sleeve for oil pump drive
- Use with 5/8" pick-up tube
- Comes with (3) pressure relief springs:
- 55 psi - installed in pump
- 65-70 psi - (orange) in the box
- 80-90 psi - (yellow) in the box
- This pump is the same depth as a typical SBC high volume pump and the cover has been modified to avoid cavitation of the oil.
- When increasing pump pressure, we always recommend upgrading your oil pump driveshaft to a quality steel unit such as 54522070.
NotesIncludes (3) pressure relief springs: 55 PSI (installed), 65-70 PSI (orange), 80-90 (yellow). Also includes a steel sleeve for the oil pump drive.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Greg walks step by step through priming your engine.
Tim talks about early Hemi oil adapters.
Tired of pulling your breather to pour oil in your system? We've got you covered.
A look at some LS Oil Pans for your swap project. Our video guide walks you through some great options.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.