GM Metric Disc Brake to 9 Inch Ford Bracket Set
Ford 9", Steel, Zinc Plated
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Allows you to bolt '78 an Up GM Metric disc brakes on Ford 9" rearend. Hardware sold separately.
- Fits both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- For Ford passenger car axles ONLY
- Fits axle with maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- For 15" and larger wheel applications ONLY
- 2 Caliper brackets
- 2 Adapter plates
- 2 Spacer plates
- 8 5/16" spacers
- 8 1/8" spacers
Note: This bolt on brake kit is designed to be used on 8" and 9" housings using 3/8" retaining bolts. If you want to use it on a 9" housing with 1/2" bolts, you will need to use the 3/8" hardware to do so. Fits "old" and "new" style big bearing (3.150" bearing O.D.) Ford housings and with axle offsets of a minimum 2-3/8" to 2-1/2".
- "Old-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- "New-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- 8" Ford axle
- Axle housings with minimum axle offsets of 2-3/8" to 2-1/2"
Note: This kit will NOT work on pickup housings or the 50's 9" housings as they only have about 2" backspace. The exception would be the late 50's station wagon rear ends.
More Like This
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Metric Caliper Bracket
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper Bracket
1978-UP GM Metric Clamp-On Caliper Bracket
1969-1977 GM Clamp-On Caliper Bracket
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
GM Intermediate Spindle to Metric Caliper Bracket, Right Hand
GM Intermediate Spindle to Metric Caliper Bracket, Left Hand
AFCO 40121 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 1/4 Inch Thick
AFCO 40120 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 3/16 Inch Thick
Q & A
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.