GM Metric Disc Brake to 9 Inch Ford Bracket Set
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Allows you to bolt '78 an Up GM Metric disc brakes on Ford 9" rearend. Hardware sold separately.
- Fits both 5 on 4-1/2" and 5 on 4-3/4" bolt circles
- For Ford passenger car axles ONLY
- Fits axle with maximum flange diameter of 6-1/4" O.D.
- For 15" and larger wheel applications ONLY
- 2 Caliper brackets
- 2 Adapter plates
- 2 Spacer plates
- 8 5/16" spacers
- 8 1/8" spacers
Note: This bolt on brake kit is designed to be used on 8" and 9" housings using 3/8" retaining bolts. If you want to use it on a 9" housing with 1/2" bolts, you will need to use the 3/8" hardware to do so. Fits "old" and "new" style big bearing (3.150" bearing O.D.) Ford housings and with axle offsets of a minimum 2-3/8" to 2-1/2".
- "Old-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- "New-style" big bearing 9" Ford axle
- 8" Ford axle
- Axle housings with minimum axle offsets of 2-3/8" to 2-1/2"
Note: This kit will NOT work on pickup housings or the 50's 9" housings as they only have about 2" backspace. The exception would be the late 50's station wagon rear ends.
More Like This
The Right Stuff CMB01 Front Single Caliper Mounting Brackets, Pair
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-3/4
1969-1977 GM Clamp-On Caliper Bracket
1978-UP GM Metric Clamp-On Caliper Bracket
DMI SRC-2581 Right Rear Steel Brake Bracket
Speedway Granada 10-1/2 Inch Brake Caliper Bracket, LH
Speedway Front 10 Inch Hybrid Brake Rotor Caliper Bracket
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Basic Disc Brake Kits: 1957-1964 Ford Half Ton
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1955-64 Chevy Fullsize Car, Stock Spindle
Q & A
Tim talks about brake booster adjustment.
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.
Learn how to install an adjustable proportioning valve block.