GM AD244 Style High Output 220 Amp All Black Alternator
Chevy LS V8, Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, Chevy 90-Degree V6, Serpentine Belt Type
- Alternator produces 220 amps, which is a huge jump above stock
- Perfect for vehicles with a lot of accessories and equipment
- This style used in most LS-era truck applications and is equipped to take the OEM connection
- May be used in many truck, van, and SUV applications from 1999-2006
- It has a 4-pin connector and therefore will not fit 2-pin harness
Speedway Motors alternators are a great addition to your engine, whether it’s for the great look or the reliable high-amperage output. This alternator produces 220 amps, which is a huge jump above stock. It is perfect for vehicles with a lot of accessories and equipment. As this is the style used in most LS-era truck applications, it is equipped to take the OEM connection.
- Alternator Style: AD244
- Maximum Amperage Output: 220 Amps
- Normal RPM and draw: average 180 amps
- Voltage Compatibility: 12 Volts
- One-Wire Capable: No
- Regulator Style: Internal
- Regulator Included: Yes
- Pulley Included: Yes
- Pulley Style: Serpentine
- Finish: Black
- AD244 style alternator used in many truck, van, and SUV applications from 1999-2006
- Alternator has a 4-pin connector and therefore will not fit 2-pin harness
- Alternators differ by application; verify style needed before ordering
Chevy Big Block V8 Gen VII
8.1L / 496ci
Chevy Small Block V8 Gen I
5.0L / 305ci
5.7L / 350ci
Chevrolet Small Block V8 Gen III/IV (LS Based)
4.8L / 294ci
5.3L / 325ci
5.7L / 346ci, commonly referred to as 350
6.0L / 364ci
Duramax Diesel V8
6.6L / 403ci
GM Diesel V8
6.5L / 395ci
GM 90° V6
4.3L / 262ci
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Powermaster 58206 Street Alternator, 150A, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 582038SPL XS Volt Alternator, 300A, Serpentine, GM
Powermaster 482038SPL XS Volt Alternator, 300A, Serpentine, GM
Powermaster 58237 Alternator, 225 Amps, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 48206 Street Alternator, 150A, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 48203 Street Alternator, 200A, Serpentine, 12V, GM
Powermaster 38206 Street Alternator, 150A, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 68206 Street Alternator, 150A, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 18237 Street Alternator, 145A, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Powermaster 48237 Alternator, 225 Amps, Serpentine, 12V, Chevy
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.