Flathead V8 to Ford C4 Auto Transmission Conversion Kit
Ford Flathead V8, C4, Three Number of Gears, Torque Converter Included
- Update to a modern C4 Ford automatic transmission on your '49-'53 Ford 8BA or Mercury 8CM flathead engine without integral bellhousing
- Speedways Street King Ford transmission completely remanufactured with heavy duty clutches, special shift kit, torque converter, engine adapter, special flexplate, modified 12-volt starter, hardware, and instructions
- Lightweight flexplate and 2200-2600 rpm stall torque converter does wonders for a flatheads throttle response and stop-and-go driving
- Handles up to 450 HP with Street/Strip Valve Body - everyday street driving and weekend trips to the drag strip
- Improved Lubrication Circuits equals reduced heat/prolonged life
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Adapt your 1949-1953 Ford flathead V8 engine to a modern Ford C4 automatic transmission. This complete C4 transmission conversion kit is an excellent upgrade for early Ford drivetrains – the lightweight flexplate and torque converter does wonders for a flatheads throttle response and stop-and-go driving. This kit includes Speedways Street King Ford transmission completely remanufactured with heavy duty clutches, special shift kit, torque converter, engine adapter, special flexplate, modified 12-volt starter, hardware, and instructions.
- For Ford C4 transmission application
- Handles up to 450 HP
- 2200-2600 rpm stall torque converter
- Firm, crisp shifts from Kevlar bands and H.D. clutches
- Street/Strip Valve Body - everyday street driving and weekend trips to the drag strip
- Billet 6061 T6 Aluminum Pro Shift Servo - extends clutch and band life
- Improved Lubrication Circuits - reduced heat/prolonged life
- Chrome steel transmission pan
- Transmission has a one year warranty
Note: Must be used with open drive rearend (not included). Cooler, shifter, and chrome dress-up parts are sold separately. Fill tube and dipstick are included.Also, the 6 gear planet is NOT used in this transmission.
for 1949-53 Ford Flathead V8
- 1949-1953 Ford 8BA and 8CM Mercury Flathead V8 engines without integral bellhousing
- 164-tooth flywheel included
- 2200-2600 stall converter included
- 12 volt negative ground starter included
All warranty issues should be addressed to:
Performance Automatic, Inc.
Attn. Harvey Baker
5119 Pegasus Court - Suite F
Frederick Maryland 21704
910-28906 Instructions (PDF)
What's In The Kit
Speedway Ford C4 Street King TransmissionPart # 57426101Qty x 1
Flathead-C4, Adapt & HardwarePart # 91628901-1Qty x 1
Flexplate, Flathead Ford to C-4 Ford Transmission 164 ToothPart # 91628900-164Qty x 1
1949-1953 Ford Flathead C4/AOD Replacement Starter, 12VPart # 91067449Qty x 1
Ford 289-351W C4-AOD Transmission Block PlatePart # 91029012Qty x 1
Hardware kitPart # 91028906.1Qty x 1
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Learn how to install our new Muscle Car Shifters from Lokar.
This new steel bellhousing from Speedway Motors is made for everyone who wants to run three pedals without spending a fortune or relying on a crusty original.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.