Flaming River FR1541 Reversed Corvair Steering Box
Universal Fit, Manual Steering Box Type, Side Steer Steering Box Orientation, Steel, Painted
- Steering box has a 5/8"-36 spline input
- Constructed of modern high strength steel
- It uses needle bearings to ensure durability
- It has a 20:1 steering ratio and is a side steer design
- Specifically designed for use on traditional steering cars and T-bucket
If you have tried to find a good used Corvair steering box, you know that the chances of finding a good one are slim to none. Don't bother! These brand new Corvair steering boxes have already been reversed. Designed for use on traditional steering cars and T-buckets, these boxes are constructed of modern high strength steel and needle bearings to ensure durability, which original boxes just can't offer.
- 5/8"-36 spline input
Painted black. Does NOT include pitman arm. Ratio is 20:1.
- Has a 3 bolt mounting flange. From mount hole closest to the input shaft to hole closest the output shaft is 2-15/16”. From the same hole closest the input shaft to hole opposite of output shaft is 3-¾”. The remaining dimension between the two holes furthest from the input shaft is 2-15/16”.
Notes1 year warranty from date of purchase per Flaming River (800-648-8022 ext. 113). Pitman arm nut is included.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box
Flaming River FR1500 Vega Steering Box
Flaming River FR1500C Chrome Vega Steering Box
1965-1991 GM 525 Manual Steering Box w/ 3/4-30 Input Spline
Speedway Vega Style Steering Box Combo, All New Assembly
Speedway Chrome Vega Cross Steering Box
Speedway Vega Cross Steering Gear Box
Speedway Reversed Corvair Parallel Steering Gear Box Assembly
CPP VEGA-PSB Vega Power Steering Box
Maval Manufacturing 8030000 GM 525 Manual Steering Box
Q & A
Tim shows you how to adjust our Speedway Vega Steering box.
We get a lot of questions about steering parts. Steve talks about some of the steering basics.
Tim talks about power & manual steering vega boxes.
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
Learn some of the main differences between Cross and Traditional Steering. Whether you need a corvair or vega steering box and what will suit your application the best.
Steve takes us along as he centers the 525 manual steering gear he is using for his Laguna.
In this Tech Tip, John shares some tips with a customer about adjusting a steering box he got from us recently.