Dakota Digital VHX-73F-PU-K-W 1973-79 Ford Pickup VHX Instruments
73-79 Ford F-100, 75-79 Ford F-150, 73-79 Ford F-250, 73-79 Ford F-350, Analog Gauge Series
The Blue Oval squad can rejoice in the recent boom in popularity of the 1973-79 Ford F-Series trucks! You asked and we listened, offering a simple upgrade that makes use of the stock gauge bezel and hardware. Full-function is attained with six-analog gauge readouts and twin LCD message centers. Also fits ’78-79 Bronco.
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid-state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems. Completely engineered and manufactured at their facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
- Black face
- White display
- Bezel not included, shown for visual/presentation purposes
- System uses OEM or reproduction style bezel
- Over 30 user-selectable color options allow you to independently change the needle color, sweep color and digital TFT display color.
- Both daytime and nighttime brightness can be easily controlled through the HDX setup menu, allowing you to choose your preferred lighting intensity level, toggled by the activation of the headlight switch. If on-the-fly rotary type control is desired, the DIM-1 is a common accessory to add this functionality.
- With 12 factory preset color themes, you can quickly create a beautiful looking system. Or, for the ultimate in customization, choose all of the color zones yourself.
- Full LED backlighting provides a strikingly visual gauge package, with sharp contrast for ease of viewing both night and day. Full RBG backlighting allows you to create the specific color you want, with a unique daytime and nighttime theme if desired. Whether your goal is an OE look or something truly bold, the HDX Series lets you make that choice.
- 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator
- Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- 0 -160 MPH
- 0- 8,000 RPM
- 0- 80 psi
- 100- 260ºF
- E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- 9- 17 VDC
Digital Message Centers
- Odometer (One-time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- Estimated Range/Miles to Empty
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile time
- 1/4 and 1/8 end speed (trap speed)
- High-speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- Two Auxiliary input indicators with user-programmable labels
- Each analog gauge sweep contains a red LED indicator for quick notice of a warning condition (except speedometer)
- **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- If additional indicators are desired within the new instrument system, consider repurposing any unused indicators to suit your application.
Calibration and Use
- Dakota Digital instrument systems are programmed and operated by the push of a button. A two-sided rocker switch is included with each package; mount this switch in an easily accessible location when in the driving position. The rocker switch provides quick and consistent access to all functions, either in driving mode or while in the setup menu. Button-press feedback is available through the TFT Message Center or through the included buzzer. Once configured, this same switch is used to access the wealth of information located in the digital message centers.
- All calibration settings are handled through the included pushbutton switch or the remote Bluetooth app. While many calibration settings exist, the speedometer and fuel level are completed in most cases (unless GPS-50-2 is used, negating the need to calibrate the speedometer) through a few taps of the pushbuttons and a short test drive of the vehicle.
ChartsWiring and Setup Manual
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 7 business days for Dakota Digital to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
New Vintage USA 79026-03 6 Gauge Performance ll White 73-79 Ford
New Vintage USA 73649-01 6 Gauge 69 Series Black 73-79 Ford
New Vintage USA 79026-01 6 Gauge Performance ll Black 73-79 Ford
New Vintage USA 79649-01 6 Gauge Aviator Series Black 73-79 Ford
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-S-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1014-K-W Universal Dual Round VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1016-K-W Universal Multi-Level Elliptical VHX
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-R Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-B Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Q & A
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Darrian demonstrates how to program our Omega Kustom Quad Gauges. Check it out!
Pat talks about our GPS module that generates a speed signal to your electronic speedometer.