Dakota Digital VHX-70D-CLG-K-W 1970-74 Challenger Rallye Dash VHX
70-74 Dodge Challenger, Analog Gauge Series, Electric Gauge Style, 1 Number of Gauge Housings
The MoPar crowd lays claim to one of the baddest musclecars of all time, and with a 426ci Hemi stuffed under the shaker hood, the ’70 ‘Cuda was a gun at the knife fight. When you’re ready to outfit your 1970-74 E-Body rallye dash with the latest and greatest, our bolt-in, six-gauge system is a no-brainer. Utilize your stock gauge bezel; this package replaces the original instrument housing and lens. You’ll get twin LCD message centers for the utmost in information, with Black Alloy face styling. Turn signals and brake indicators are now LED-lit in their original locations.
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid-state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems. Completely engineered and manufactured at their facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
- Black face
- White display
- Bezel not included, shown for visual/presentation purposes
- System uses OEM or reproduction steel or plastic bezel
- 1970-74 Dodge Challenger
- 1970-74 Plymouth Barracuda
- 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator
- Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- 0 -160 MPH
- 0- 8,000 RPM
- 0- 80 psi
- 100- 260ºF
- E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- 9- 17 VDC
- Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you to see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator, and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
Digital Message Centers
- Odometer (One-time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 time
- 1/4 mile end speed (trap speed)
- High-speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- If additional indicators are desired within the new instrument system, consider repurposing any unused indicators to suit your application.
Calibration and Use
- Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. Simply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and the fuel level gauge. Once properly configured these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 7 business days for Dakota Digital to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-S-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-R Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1014-K-W Universal Dual Round VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1016-K-W Universal Multi-Level Elliptical VHX
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-B Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-S-R Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1017-K-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1018-K-W Universal Rounded Rectangle VHX
Dakota Digital VHX-1060-K-W Universal 6 Gauge Round VHX System
Q & A
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Darrian demonstrates how to program our Omega Kustom Quad Gauges. Check it out!
Pat talks about our GPS module that generates a speed signal to your electronic speedometer.