Dakota Digital VHX-70C-CVL-K-W 70-72 Chevelle SS VHX Instruments
70-72 Chevy Chevelle, Analog Gauge Series, Electric Gauge Style, Dash Cluster Gauge Set Design
- Specially designed for the 70-72 Chevelle
- It bolts directly into stock or aftermarket bezels and gauge carriers
- It is made up of six analog instruments with stock-location indicators and three LCD message centers that offer stylish, up-to-date information
- Features micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid-state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback
- Comes with an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems
Arguably the king of the muscle cars, 1970 saw over the top engines along with a totally new dash design. Keep the style while upgrading to 21st Century technology with VHX-70C-CVL. Bolting directly into stock or aftermarket bezels and gauge carriers (carrier available separately), six analog instruments with stock-location indicators and three LCD message centers offer stylish, up-to-date information.
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid-state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems. Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry!
- Bezel not included, shown for visual/presentation purposes
- System uses SS-style OEM or reproduction style bezel
- Black Face
- White Display
- 1970-72 Chevy Chevelle SS
- 1970-72 Chevy Monte Carlo
- 1970-72 Chevy El Camino
- 1971 GMC Sprint SP
- 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator
- Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- 0 -140 MPH
- 0- 8,000 RPM
- 0- 80 psi
- 100- 260ºF
- E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- 9- 17 VDC
- Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you to see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator, and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
Digital Message Centers
- Odometer (One-time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 mile time
- 1/4 end speed (trap speed)
- High-speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- If additional indicators are desired within the new instrument system, consider repurposing any unused indicators to suit your application.
- Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. Simply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and the fuel level gauge. Once properly configured these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers.
ChartsWiring and Setup Manual
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 70 business days for Dakota Digital to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Dakota Digital VHX-70C-CVL-S-B 70-72 Chevelle SS VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital HDX-70C-CVL-K 70-72 Chevelle HDX Instruments Black
Dakota Digital RTX-70C-CVL-X 1970-72 Chevelle SS RTX Instruments
Classic Instruments 1970-1972 Chevelle Black Gauge Set-Velocity Face
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-S-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1014-K-W Universal Dual Round VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-1016-K-W Universal Multi-Level Elliptical VHX
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-R Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-K-W Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital MHX-1017-S-R Universal Elliptical VHX Instruments
Q & A
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Pat talks about our GPS module that generates a speed signal to your electronic speedometer.
Darrian demonstrates how to program our Omega Kustom Quad Gauges. Check it out!