Dakota Digital VHX-47C-PU-S-B 1947-53 Chevy Truck VHX Instruments
47-53 GMC, 47-53 Chevy, Analog Gauge Series, Electric Gauge Style, 2 Number of Gauge Housings
These classic trucks strike a nerve with people everywhere, yet the simple dual-round gauge layout has long posed a challenge for rodders seeking more information. Dakota Digital offers six analog instruments and two LCD message centers in custom-machined and chromed bezels that fit directly into the stock gauge openings of both Chevy and GMC trucks.
Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid-state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems. Completely engineered and manufactured at our facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the VHX Series has completely revolutionized the instrumentation industry.
- Chrome Bezels
- Silver Face
- Blue Display
- 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator
- Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- 0 -160 MPH
- 0- 8,000 RPM
- 0- 80 psi
- 100- 260ºF
- E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- 9- 17 VDC
- Back lit technology is popular with performance instrumentation due to precise lighting allowing you to see what is truly important when you really need it at a quick glance. Each number, tick mark, annunciator, needle, indicator, and digital message center is lit by a series of LEDs behind the gauge face.
Digital Message Centers
- Odometer (One-time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 mile time
- 1/4 end speed (trap speed)
- High-speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- If additional indicators are desired within the new instrument system, consider repurposing any unused indicators to suit your application.
- Dakota Digital instruments are programmed and operated by the push of a button. Simply mount the included pushbuttons supplied with your gauges in a convenient and easily accessible location. These buttons are used to calibrate your speedometer, set the cylinder count and the fuel level gauge. Once properly configured these same buttons are used to access the wealth of information located in the Digital Message Centers.
Dakota Digital Direct-Fit instrument systems are fully engineered to fit the stock dash opening of the vehicle they were designed for.
If you are interested in using this instrument system in a vehicle in which it was not intended to fit, you may experience installation challenges as it relates to mounting and proper viewing angle.
Additionally, any modifications should be done to the vehicle’s dash or surrounding housings, rather than the VHX System, as to prevent damage and retain warranty coverage.
Approximate dimensions are as follows:
- Required opening: 5.2”
- Overall dimensions: 5.95"
Depth will generally mimic the stock gauge cluster, this often falls in the 1.5”-2.5” range.
ChartsWiring and Setup Manual
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Dakota Digital VHX-47C-PU-K-W 1947-53 Chevy Truck VHX Instruments
Classic Instruments CT47HR52 Hot Rod Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM
Classic Instruments CT47VT62 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM Beige
Classic Instruments CT47CW52 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM, White
Classic Instruments CT47VT52 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM, Beige
New Vintage USA 47373-01 Woodward 2 Gauge Kit Black 47-53 Chevy
Dakota Digital RTX-47C-PU-X 47-53 Chevy/GMC Truck RTX Instruments
Dakota Digital HDX-47C-PU-S 47-53 Chevy Pickup HDX Instruments
Dakota Digital HDX-47C-PU-K 47-53 Chevy Pickup HDX Instruments
New Vintage USA 47372-03 Woodward 2 Gauge Kit White 47-53 Chevy
Q & A
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Darrian demonstrates how to program our Omega Kustom Quad Gauges. Check it out!
Pat talks about our GPS module that generates a speed signal to your electronic speedometer.