Dakota Digital HDX-47C-PU-S 47-53 Chevy Pickup HDX Instruments
47-53 Chevy Truck, 47-52 Chevy Fleetline Truck, 47-48 Chevy Fleetmaster Truck, Silver, Chrome
Don’t settle for adapter rings and tiny round gauges crammed inside, go for a direct drop-in solution instead! Chrome plated, machined aluminum instrument housings replace the stock bezels for an exact fit into stock 1947-53 Chevy and GMC pickup dashboards. A pair of capacitive-touch buttons and a full-color TFT display in each gauge allows full personalization.
Available with your choice of black or silver alloy gauge-face styling, each HDX system allows the user to select independent illumination colors for the gauge readings and needles, as well as the message centers. Calibration and personal settings are manipulated with the built-in, capacitive-touch buttons, or the available Bluetooth app for Apple and Android devices. Each needle hub is black nickel plated spun-aluminum to match the buttons. All HDX instrument systems feature dead-faced indicators (turn signals, high beam, check engine, cruise control, parking brake, plus two user-definable), and a red, settable warning light for each gauge. With our central control box, installation is greatly simplified with vehicle-harness sourced signals and supplied, solid state sending units connecting cleanly to their respective terminal. System uses OEM or reproduction style bezel.
- Machined aluminum and chrome bezel included
- Silver alloy gauge-face
- 1947-53 Chevy/GMC Pickup
- Over 30 user-selectable color options allow you to independently change the needle color, sweep color and digital TFT display color.
- Both daytime and nighttime brightness can be easily controlled through the HDX setup menu, allowing you to choose your preferred lighting intensity level, toggled by the activation of the headlight switch. If on-the-fly rotary type control is desired, the DIM-1 is a common accessory to add this functionality.
- With 12 factory preset color themes, you can quickly create a beautiful looking system. Or, for the ultimate in customization, choose all of the color zones yourself.
- Full LED backlighting provides a strikingly visual gauge package, with sharp contrast for ease of viewing both night and day. Full RBG backlighting allows you to create the specific color you want, with a unique daytime and nighttime theme if desired. Whether your goal is an OE look or something truly bold, the HDX Series lets you make that choice.
- 1/8" NPT, ground isolated sensor with a 10 ft harness.
- 1/8" NPT solid state sensor with a 10 ft harness.
Cable Driven Speed Sensor/Generator
- Replaces GM style speedometer cables with a 10 ft harness. Sensor requires approximately 5" clearance extending between the cable drive output and any obstruction.
- Each kit comes with 1/8" to 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT bushings along with bushings for 12mm and 16mm x 1.5 threads.
- 0 -160 MPH
- Split scale provides resolution of a 120MPH speedometer, with a top end range of 160MPH
- 0- 8,000 RPM
- 0- 80 psi
- 100- 260ºF
- E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, F
- 9- 17 VDC
Digital Message Centers
- Odometer (One-time user settable, Million Mile)
- Dual (A/B) Trip Meter (0- 9,999.9)
- Clock (12 hour)
- Estimated Range/Miles to Empty
- 0- 60 MPH Timer (0- 100 kmh)
- 1/4 and 1/8 mile time
- 1/4 and 1/8 end speed (trap speed)
- High-speed recall
- High RPM recall
- Turn Signals (Left/ Right)
- High Beam
- Check Engine
- Parking Brake
- Cruise Control (On/On & Engaged when vehicle is equipped)
- Gear Position (Optional GSS-2000 sensor required)
- 4 x 4 (When vehicle is equipped)
- Wait to Start (When vehicle is equipped)
- Two Auxiliary input indicators with user-programmable labels
- Each analog gauge sweep contains a red LED indicator for quick notice of a warning condition (except speedometer)
- **Not all OEM indicator lamp functions will be replaced.
- If additional indicators are desired within the new instrument system, consider repurposing any unused indicators to suit your application.
Calibration and Use
- Dakota Digital instrument systems are programmed and operated by the push of a button. A two-sided rocker switch is included with each package; mount this switch in an easily accessible location when in the driving position. The rocker switch provides quick and consistent access to all functions, either in driving mode or while in the setup menu. Button-press feedback is available through the TFT Message Center or through the included buzzer. Once configured, this same switch is used to access the wealth of information located in the digital message centers.
- All calibration settings are handled through the included pushbutton switch or the remote Bluetooth app. While many calibration settings exist, the speedometer and fuel level are completed in most cases (unless GPS-50-2 is used, negating the need to calibrate the speedometer) through a few taps of the pushbuttons and a short test drive of the vehicle.
Dakota Digital Direct-Fit instrument systems are fully engineered to fit the stock dash opening of the vehicle they were designed for.
If you are interested in using this instrument system in a vehicle in which it was not intended to fit, you may experience installation challenges as it relates to mounting and proper viewing angle.
Additionally, any modifications should be done to the vehicle’s dash or surrounding housings, rather than the HDX System, as to prevent damage and retain warranty coverage.
Approximate dimensions are as follows:
- Required opening: 5.2”
- Overall Dimensions: 5.95”
Depth will generally mimic the stock gauge cluster, this often falls in the 1.5”-2.5” range.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 7 business days for Dakota Digital to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Dakota Digital HDX-47C-PU-K 47-53 Chevy Pickup HDX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-47C-PU-S-B 1947-53 Chevy Truck VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital VHX-47C-PU-K-W 1947-53 Chevy Truck VHX Instruments
Dakota Digital RTX-47C-PU-X 47-53 Chevy/GMC Truck RTX Instruments
Classic Instruments CT47HR52 Hot Rod Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM
Classic Instruments CT47AN52 AAN Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM
Classic Instruments CT47VT62 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM Beige
Classic Instruments CT47CW62 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM White
Classic Instruments CT47CW52 Pickup Gauge Sets, 47-53 GM, White
Omega Kustom 1947-53 Chevy Pickup Quad Gauge Set, Timeless Tan, 4-3/8
Q & A
Darrian explains how to program the Omega Kustom 3-N-1 Gauge in the third and final video of the series.
Check out the second video on how to program Omega Kustom Gauges!
Speedway Motors product expert Pat shows off some of our CNC billet aluminum pieces available for your late 60's Chevy or Ford truck.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Learn how to replace a fuel sending unit. Our fuel gauge sending unit guide and installation video covers all you need to match your fuel sender and gauge.