DRP Performance Bearing Spacer Kit, GM Metric Spindles/GN Hubs
Hobby Stock, Modified, 1.25" Diameter Big End, 0.87" Diameter Small End, Steel, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These hub bearing spacers allow for consistent and precise bearing load every time the spindle nut is tightened, regardless of the torque applied. Without a bearing spacer, bearings are typically over tightened to prevent loosening during the race. With a bearing spacer installed, you can completely tighten the spindle nut and the hub will spin free every time. Bearing spacers save time, reduce bearing temperature and greatly increase wheel free spin, putting more horsepower to the wheels. You can feel the difference by simply pushing the car!
- (2) Grand National Rear Hub Bearing Spacers
- (2) GM Metric Spindle Pre-Load Bearing Spacers
GN Hub Spacers:
Testing has shown that the bearing spacer will make more difference than any “Low Drag” bearing set up currently available. When the spacer is used in conjunction with “Low Drag” Tapered bearings and seals, you will have the ultimate Low Drag set-up. These adjustable bearings feature a threaded sleeve and set screw to ensure you'll never have to worry about an over-tightened hub again!
- 2.5” Short Track 5×5 Rear
- 200%-300% more free spin vs. no spacer
- Designed to fit all Grand National spindle and hub combinations
- Makes servicing hubs simple & quick
- Bearings run cooler
- Saves time
- Eliminates bearing “Spin” on spindle
- Distributes side load evenly across bearings
- Works on tapered and angular contact bearings
- Once Set, typically never has to be adjusted unless bearings or hub is replaced
- Instructions Included
- Precision Machined in the USA
- +/- .001” Minimum Parallelism
GM Metric Spindle Spacers:
- Designed to fit '79-up GM Metric spindles
- Allows your front hubs to be tight with minimal drag and side pre-load
- Easy adjust threaded sleeve and set screw ensure you'll never worry about an over-tightened front hub again
What's In The Kit
DRP Performance 10518 Grand National Rear Hub Bearing SpacerPart # 91010518Qty x 2
DRP 007 10521S 1979-Up GM Metric Spindle Pre-Load Bearing SpacersPart # 91031033Qty x 2
Q & A
Today we are installing original style pump, pulleys, brackets, and hoses! Watch as Joe and Zach improve the ratio and make driving the Chevelle easier.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
This article explains how to install a chrome column shifter into the steering column itself. We will help you determine the length of steering column needed along with all the parts required to get the job done.
Follow along as power steering is added to Speedway's Project Chevelle. This article showcases exactly what is involved in adding power steering in a car that came with manual steering.
In this article, Heath P. talks about one of the most important parts of a hot rod, the front axle. He will walk you through the history of the front axle and how to properly assemble it for your car.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.