DEi 050503 Floor/Tunnel Shield II, Heat/Sound Insulation, 4 Ft x 42 In
Universal Fit, 4.00' ft. Overall Length, 42.00"" Overall Width, Aluminum
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Designed to provide the best possible heat protection in areas where high temperatures are always present and problematic, Floor & Tunnel Shield II limits heat transfer on fire walls, transmission tunnels, floor boards, fuel cells and other areas where heat is an issue. Floor & Tunnel Shield II provides excellent light weight thermal protection, acts as a guard against track and road debris, and provides sound deadening as well.
Constructed with an embossed 10 mil aluminum face bonded to 1/8” composite glass-fiber core and backed with a high temp super strong pressure sensitive backing, Floor & Tunnel Shield II withstands up to 1750°F of direct continuous heat. The adhesive side holds past 450°F. Its improved multifaceted modern aluminum surface offers improved reflectivity and rigidity and allows for ease of installation. At only 3/16” thick, this product can be shaped and trimmed for a custom fit and is ideal for minimal clearance areas.
With a unique and patented finely woven glass-fiber backing, Floor & Tunnel Shield II is the easiest, most cost effective way to control thermal transfer while protecting expensive components and vehicle occupants from extreme heat situations and sound.
Floor & Tunnel Shield II can be used on any number of surfaces including, metal, aluminum, carbon fiber, plastic, and more. Multiple uses include: fire walls, under hoods, transmission tunnels, floor pans, fuel cells, and exterior under vehicle locations – anywhere to reflect damaging heat.
- Ideal for firewalls, under-vehicle, floor pans, oil tank box areas, transmission tunnels, wrapping fuel cells, under hoods & more
- Blocks radiant heat from entering driver compartment
- Withstands direct high heat temperatures up to 1750°
- Serves as a barrier to unwanted road, tire, & engine noise
- Constructed from 10 mil aluminum bonded to finely woven layer of high temperature resistant glass fiber
- Easy to form to shapes and contours
- Excellent heat & sound barrier
- Wind and water will not affect adhesive
- Minimum clearance required, only 3/16” thick
- Just trim, peel & stick
- Aggressive self-adhesive backing holds past 450°F
- Withstands 1750°F direct continuous heat
- Use to shield & reflect unwanted heat
- Multiple uses
- Adheres to almost any surface or material including to fiberglass
Learn more about identifying and solving vehicle noise issues by reading Boom Mat's tech article. Science of Noise.
Learn more about the advantages of Boom Mat insulation as well as proper installation by reading Super Chevy Magazine's tech article. Boom Mat Installation - Quiet Cabin.
More Like This
EMI® Short Floor Pan Strap, 4130 Chromoly
Speedway Double Wrap Floor Pan, Raised Rail Chassis
Speedway Sprint Car Standard Length Floor Pan
Speedway Short Sprint Car Floor Pan
EMI® Short Floor Pan
Stallard® Chassis Front Floor Pan
Stallard® Chassis Rear Floor Pan
EMI® Double Wrap Sprint Car Floor Pan, Standard
EMI® Sprint Chassis Short Floor Pan Extension Panel
EMI® Sprint Chassis Long Floor Pan Extension Panel
Q & A
Tim talks about the grille shells & inserts we have to offer.
Expert techs Austin and Pat talk about some of the race car body parts we have to offer and the aerodynamic benefits they can add to your modified.
Tim shows some of the 1932 Ford steel replacement parts we have to offer.
Tim talks about our new Brookville Model A steel deck lid.
A 1967 Chevelle project, which guides you through the process of replacing the trunk floor. This article includes details on fitting the new panel and butt welding the sheet metal.
Josh takes the plunge into making some patch panels for his 50 Chevy pickup truck. See how he begins the installation process to get the truck back on the road.
Learn more about our Bucket Beauties project from T-bucket Plans.