DEi 050503 Floor/Tunnel Shield II, Heat/Sound Insulation, 4 Ft x 42 In
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Designed to provide the best possible heat protection in areas where high temperatures are always present and problematic, Floor & Tunnel Shield II limits heat transfer on fire walls, transmission tunnels, floor boards, fuel cells and other areas where heat is an issue. Floor & Tunnel Shield II provides excellent light weight thermal protection, acts as a guard against track and road debris, and provides sound deadening as well.
Constructed with an embossed 10 mil aluminum face bonded to 1/8” composite glass-fiber core and backed with a high temp super strong pressure sensitive backing, Floor & Tunnel Shield II withstands up to 1750°F of direct continuous heat. The adhesive side holds past 450°F. Its improved multifaceted modern aluminum surface offers improved reflectivity and rigidity and allows for ease of installation. At only 3/16” thick, this product can be shaped and trimmed for a custom fit and is ideal for minimal clearance areas.
With a unique and patented finely woven glass-fiber backing, Floor & Tunnel Shield II is the easiest, most cost effective way to control thermal transfer while protecting expensive components and vehicle occupants from extreme heat situations and sound.
Floor & Tunnel Shield II can be used on any number of surfaces including, metal, aluminum, carbon fiber, plastic, and more. Multiple uses include: fire walls, under hoods, transmission tunnels, floor pans, fuel cells, and exterior under vehicle locations – anywhere to reflect damaging heat.
- Ideal for firewalls, under-vehicle, floor pans, oil tank box areas, transmission tunnels, wrapping fuel cells, under hoods & more
- Blocks radiant heat from entering driver compartment
- Withstands direct high heat temperatures up to 1750°
- Serves as a barrier to unwanted road, tire, & engine noise
- Constructed from 10 mil aluminum bonded to finely woven layer of high temperature resistant glass fiber
- Easy to form to shapes and contours
- Excellent heat & sound barrier
- Wind and water will not affect adhesive
- Minimum clearance required, only 3/16” thick
- Just trim, peel & stick
- Aggressive self-adhesive backing holds past 450°F
- Withstands 1750°F direct continuous heat
- Use to shield & reflect unwanted heat
- Multiple uses
- Adheres to almost any surface or material including to fiberglass
Learn more about identifying and solving vehicle noise issues by reading Boom Mat's tech article. Science of Noise.
Learn more about the advantages of Boom Mat insulation as well as proper installation by reading Super Chevy Magazine's tech article. Boom Mat Installation - Quiet Cabin.
More Like This
DEi 050501 Floor/Tunnel Shield II, Heat/Sound Insulation, 2 Ft x 21 In
DEi 050508 Boom Mat Floor & Tunnel Shield II 21 x 48 Inch
Speedway Short Sprint Car Floor Pan
Eagle Motorsports® Aluminum Standard Sprint Car Floor Pan
Eagle® Top Mount Sprint Car Floor Pan
Henchcraft® Chassis Mini Lightning Sprint Floor Plan
Midget Aluminum Engine Floor Plan
Speedway Double Wrap Floor Pan, Raised Rail Chassis
Speedway Sprint Car Standard Length Floor Pan
Eagle Motorsports® Sprint Car Aluminum Short Floor Pan
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. took a couple minutes to talk about a few seat belt options available at Speedway Motors.
Pat goes over some of the sound dampening items we have to offer.
New upholstery can be expensive. Pat shows a couple alternatives to upgrade the comfort in your ride for less.
Pat show how our Speedy Bill shotgun scoop kit looks installed.
Looking to replace your fuel level guage or sending unit? It's important that you have the the right guage for the right sender. Speedway has the tools to make the job easy and ensure you get the right parts the first time.
Dialing in a suspension setup? Why not use a vehicle mounted camera to record the travel? Click here for some information on the versatility of vehicle mounted cameras and where to mount them!