Chrome Front Tube Axle w/ Perch Bolt Holes, Ford Spindle
Universal Fit, Ford Stock Spindle Style, Solid Tube Straight Axle Style, 48" King Pin Centers
- Use with '37-'48 Ford spindles or '49-'54 Chevy spindles
- 3" drop
- .250 thick, 2" diameter
- Available in 46" or 48" plain or chrome plated
Speedways 3" drop tube axles are a one-piece design featuring precision welded ends and perch bolt holes. Axle is formed from high strength 2" x .250" wall steel tubing. Use with 1937-48 Ford style spindles.
Item Details48" king pin centers, 37" perch centers
- Due to the design of this axle, batwings 916-35000 will NOT work without significant grinding on the edge of the bracket.
- King Pin Center-to-Center: 48"
- Spring Perch Center-to-Center: 37"
- Spring Perch Hole O.D.: 1"
- Spring Perch Hole I.D.: 11/16"
- Spring Perch Hole Length: 2-1/4"
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.
We will show you the differences among traditional I-beam and tube axles and suspension designs used on hot rods; the differences between cross and traditional steering, measuring for springs, what spindles to choose, and much more.