Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor w/ MSD Module
Chevy Small Block V8, Chevy Big Block V8, HEI / Male Cap Type, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style
- New distributor base with steel gear and mechanical advance
- Includes cap and rotor, vacuum advance lock plate either OE 6700 rpm module or MSD 9000 rpm module
- Works with cap mounted coil
- Or can be converted to external coil and ignition box
- Vacuum advance w/ lockout plate as well as mechanical advance
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you are racing on a budget, and you need to replace your worn out HEI distributor, this is your best option! These NEW distributors feature with steel gear and mechanical advance for longer starter and flywheel life. Includes cap and rotor with brass terminals, vacuum advance lock plate to eliminate the vacuum module, and an MSD module good to 9000+ RPM. Module features a built-in externally adjustable rev limiter.
Works with cap mounted coil (sold separately) or convert to external coil and ignition box. We have experienced better reliability using an EXTERNAL coil that will withstand the heat & vibration of racing. Includes instructions to simplify installation & eliminate confusion.
Item Detailswith Mechanical Advance and Adjustable Rev Limiter
For oval track racing use, this distributor can be used one of two ways:
- Use a cap mounted coil (sold separately) along with the 9000+ RPM MSD internal module. For the best performance and reliability use a 15 volt battery and alternator.
- Use an external coil adapter, MSD ignition box and coil. Usually you can remove the internal module for maximum RPM. This set-up is better suited to withstand the severe heat & vibration of racing.
- Application: Race/Street
- Timing Gear: Steel
- Module: 9000 RPM
- Adjustable Rev Limiter: Yes
- Module Output: 7.5 amps
- Mechanical Advance
- Vacuum Advance w/ Lockout Plate
MSD Module Instructions (PDF)
910-12341 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
HEI Distributor For MSD UsePart # 91012336Qty x 1
Vacuum Advance Lock PlatePart # 91012339Qty x 1
Speedway Replacement HEI Distributor CapPart # 91012330Qty x 1
Speedway HEI Replacement RotorPart # 91012331Qty x 1
MSD 83647 Heat HEI Ignition ModulePart # 54783647Qty x 1
More Like This
HEI Distributor w/Super Cap, SBC Small Block Chevy, Black
MSD 8362 Street Fire Chevy V8 GM HEI Distributor
PerTronix D71000 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Black
PerTronix D71052 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Blue
PerTronix D71001 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D71051 Flame-Thrower HEI III Distributor, Chevy V8, Red
PerTronix D300711 Billet Mag Trigger Distributor Chevy V8, Red
MSD 8356 Small Block Chevy Dual Pickup Distributor
MSD 8365 Pro-Billet Chevy HEI Distributor
MSD 8394 Chevy Digital E-Curve Distributor
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.