Chevy 383-400 Lightweight Harmonic Balancer, 6-3/4Inch
383 Chevy Small Block V8, 395 Chevy Small Block V8, 400 Chevy Small Block V8, 7.75 lbs. Weight
- 6 3/4" harmonic balancer for 383/400 Chevy
- Weighs 6.4 lbs.
- Weighs 7 3/4 lbs.
- Balancing cut out on the back side to hide the crank type
This 6-3/4" balancer fits 383/400 c.i. Small Block Chevys and only weighs 7-3/4 lbs. Plus, the balancing cut out is on the backside so they cant tell what crank youre running. Damper is a press-on fit.
- Durable nodular iron construction
- High temperature elastomer bond
- This balancer is 1.20" thick
- Rated to 6,500 RPM
- NOT SFI approved
Item DetailsExternally Balanced
- Externally balanced for a 383 or 400 Chevy
- Not internally balanced, so will not work on a 350 crankshaft
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Follow this step by step guide on how to install adjustable LS motor mounts to set your engine location exactly where you want it.