Bilstein AK2072 Street Stock Front Shock, 1970-81 Camaro
Stock Car, Mono Tube Shock Type, Steel Shock Body Material, Small Body Shock Body Size, Painted
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The technology that has made Bilstein a winner in Winston Cup, Indy Car and Formula 1 is now available to the grassroots level racer. Bilstein mono tube gas shocks use deflective disk valving to give more precise and consistent valving. These shocks may cost more initially but they pay off in the winners circle!
- More precise set-ups
- Weight transfer when you need it
- Tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Better control under braking
- 46mm diameter steel body
Fits stock factory mounts in 1970-1981 Camaro.
Item DetailsValving: 381#/233# Linear
Mounting Type: T-Bar to Pin
- Nitrogen Gas Charged
- Puts shock oil under pressure to totally prevent cavitation (foaming) and shock fade
- Dividing Piston w/ O-ring
- Separates gas and oil and is moveable to accommodate rod movement into the tube
- Bilstein shocks are NOT gas/oil emulsion shocks
- Monotube Body
- Inside wall has finished tolerances of an engine cylinder
- Outer surface is cadmium or nickel plated for durability
- Single tube design dissipates heat more effectively than twin-tube.
- Working Piston
- Consists of patented deflective disc valve stack for precise performance
- Bilstein discs are spring steel which outperform stainless steel and produce longer life
- Piston uses powder metal technology
- Oil Chamber
- Special oil is pressurized by the gas area onto the dividing piston to prevent cavitation (foaming) for consistent, fade-free performance
- Piston Rod
- Case-hardened and highly polished steel strong enough to lift 20 tons
- Rod Guide & Seals
- High pressure Viton inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent, fade-free damping and long life performance
More Like This
QA1 EC1956P EC Series Street Stock Shock, Front Medium 6 Valving
Bilstein AK1054 Rear Street Stock Shock, 1970-81 Camaro
Bilstein F4-BE5-F134-MO 73-88 GM A/G Body Shock, 70/140 Dig
Bilstein F4-BE3-F129-M1 73-88 A/G Body Shock Com 233/Reb 110
Bilstein F4-BE3-C751-M2 73-88 A/G Body Shock Com 154/Reb 197
Bilstein F4-BE3-F130-MI 73-88 AG Front Shock Comp 190/Reb 245
Bilstein AK6565F Front Street Shock, 73-88 A/G-Body, Comp 220/Reb 325
Bilstein F4-BE5-F133-MI 73-99 GM A/G Body Rear Shock, 300/120 Dig
Bilstein F4-BE5-F135-M2 73-88 GM A/G Body Shock, 185/70 Dig
Bilstein AK2020R 73-88 GM A/G Body Rear Street Stock Shock, 70/70 Digr
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Information behind the various styles of available shock absorbers.
Speedway Motors shares a How-To of selecting the right coilovers for your T-Bucket.