Bilstein AK2072 Street Stock Front Shock, 1970-81 Camaro
Stock Car, Mono Tube Shock Type, Steel Shock Body Material, Smooth Shock Body Type, Painted
- Provides better control under braking
- Upper shock mount has a single stand and the lower has a T-bar
- Offers more precise set-ups and weight transfer when you need it
- These front shocks are specially designed for the 1970-81 Camaro
- Engineered so that the tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
The technology that has made Bilstein a winner in Winston Cup, Indy Car and Formula 1 is now available to the grassroots level racer. Bilstein mono tube gas shocks use deflective disk valving to give more precise and consistent valving. These shocks may cost more initially but they pay off in the winners circle!
- More precise set-ups
- Weight transfer when you need it
- Tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Better control under braking
- 46mm diameter steel body
Fits stock factory mounts in 1970-1981 Camaro.
Item DetailsValving: 381#/233# Linear
Mounting Type: T-Bar to Pin
- Nitrogen Gas Charged
- Puts shock oil under pressure to totally prevent cavitation (foaming) and shock fade
- Dividing Piston w/ O-ring
- Separates gas and oil and is moveable to accommodate rod movement into the tube
- Bilstein shocks are NOT gas/oil emulsion shocks
- Monotube Body
- Inside wall has finished tolerances of an engine cylinder
- Outer surface is cadmium or nickel plated for durability
- Single tube design dissipates heat more effectively than twin-tube.
- Working Piston
- Consists of patented deflective disc valve stack for precise performance
- Bilstein discs are spring steel which outperform stainless steel and produce longer life
- Piston uses powder metal technology
- Oil Chamber
- Special oil is pressurized by the gas area onto the dividing piston to prevent cavitation (foaming) for consistent, fade-free performance
- Piston Rod
- Case-hardened and highly polished steel strong enough to lift 20 tons
- Rod Guide & Seals
- High pressure Viton inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent, fade-free damping and long life performance
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Kyle Vanover discusses how dents affect racing shocks. Learn how monotubes and twin tubes are affected by damage differently.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
Kyle Vanover explains the results of tires rubbing on shocks. Check out this video and give the Speedway Motors Shock Tech department a call for assistance.
Follow along as Kyle Vanover share tips on how to keep your shocks clean.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.