Bilstein AK Series Custom Build 1973-88 GM A/G Body Stock Car Shocks
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Exclusively at Speedway Motors you can now order your custom Bilstein Circle/Oval Dirt Track Racing shocks online!
The technology that has made Bilstein a winner in Winston Cup, Indy Car and Formula 1 is now available to the grassroots level hobby stock and street stock racer. Bilstein monotube gas shocks use deflective disc valving to give more precise and consistent valving. These shocks may cost more initially but they pay off in the winner's circle!
- More precise set-ups
- Weight transfer when you need it
- Tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Better control under braking
- 1973-83 GM A-Body (Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- 1978-88 GM G-Body (Monte Carlo, Regal, Cutlass, Grand Prix)
- Front or rear- Front=1, Rear = 2
- COB - 1=Yes, 2=No
- Rebound Valving - 00-90
- Compression Valving - 00-90
Note: This shock is custom valved and assembled by our expert staff. Due to its custom nature, it cannot be returned for a refund.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged
- Puts shock oil under pressure to totally prevent cavitation (foaming) and shock fade
- Dividing Piston w/ O-ring
- Separates gas and oil and is moveable to accommodate rod movement into the tube
- Bilstein shocks are NOT gas/oil emulsion shocks
- Monotube Body
- Inside wall has finished tolerances of an engine cylinder
- Outer surface is cadmium or nickel plated for durability
- Single tube design dissipates heat more effectively than twin-tube.
- Working Piston
- Consists of patented deflective disc valve stack for precise performance
- Bilstein discs are spring steel which outperform stainless steel and produce longer life
- Piston uses powder metal technology
- Oil Chamber
- Special oil is pressurized by the gas area onto the dividing piston to prevent cavitation (foaming) for consistent, fade-free performance
- Piston Rod
- Case-hardened and highly polished steel strong enough to lift 20 tons
- Rod Guide & Seals
- High pressure Viton inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent, fade-free damping and long life performance
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
More Like This
Pro Shocks® SM300 Pro Street Rod Shock, 9 Inch Ride Height
Pro Shocks® SM400 Chrome Mustang II Replacement Shock
Pro Shocks® SS401 Pro Street Stock Shock, Pinto Rear
Pro Shocks® M600 Pro Street Rod Shock, 13-1/2 Inch Ride Height
Pro Shocks® SM500 Pro Street Rod Shock, 12 Inch Ride Height
Bilstein F4BE5F133MO 73-99 GM A/G Body Rear Street Shock 300/120 Dig.
Bilstein F4BE5F134M0 1973-88 GM A/G Body Rear Street Shock, 70/140 Dig
Bilstein F4BE5F135M0 1973-88 GM A/G Body Rear Street Shock, 185/70 Dig
Bilstein AK2020R 73-88 GM A/G Body Rear Street Stock Shock, 70/70 Digr
Bilstein AK1199 Street Stock Shocks, 1987-93 Mustang, Front Strut