Bilstein AK Series Custom Build 1973-88 GM A/G Body Stock Car Shocks
Hobby Stock, Stock Car, Mono Tube Shock Type, Steel Shock Body Material, Smooth Shock Body Type
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Exclusively at Speedway Motors you can now order your custom Bilstein Circle/Oval Dirt Track Racing shocks online!
The technology that has made Bilstein a winner in Winston Cup, Indy Car and Formula 1 is now available to the grassroots level hobby stock and street stock racer. Bilstein monotube gas shocks use deflective disc valving to give more precise and consistent valving. These shocks may cost more initially but they pay off in the winner's circle!
- More precise set-ups
- Weight transfer when you need it
- Tires will stay on the track through the rough spots
- Better control under braking
- 1973-83 GM A-Body (Chevelle, Malibu, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- 1978-88 GM G-Body (Monte Carlo, Regal, Cutlass, Grand Prix)
- Front or rear- Front=1, Rear = 2
- COB - 1=Yes, 2=No
- Rebound Valving - 00-90
- Compression Valving - 00-90
Note: This shock is custom valved and assembled by our expert staff. Due to its custom nature, it cannot be returned for a refund.
- Nitrogen Gas Charged
- Puts shock oil under pressure to totally prevent cavitation (foaming) and shock fade
- Dividing Piston w/ O-ring
- Separates gas and oil and is moveable to accommodate rod movement into the tube
- Bilstein shocks are NOT gas/oil emulsion shocks
- Monotube Body
- Inside wall has finished tolerances of an engine cylinder
- Outer surface is cadmium or nickel plated for durability
- Single tube design dissipates heat more effectively than twin-tube.
- Working Piston
- Consists of patented deflective disc valve stack for precise performance
- Bilstein discs are spring steel which outperform stainless steel and produce longer life
- Piston uses powder metal technology
- Oil Chamber
- Special oil is pressurized by the gas area onto the dividing piston to prevent cavitation (foaming) for consistent, fade-free performance
- Piston Rod
- Case-hardened and highly polished steel strong enough to lift 20 tons
- Rod Guide & Seals
- High pressure Viton inner rod guide seals ensure a perfect fit for consistent, fade-free damping and long life performance
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Bilstein F4-BE3-C232-H0 Small Steel Shock w Ends, 7 Inch, Comp 4/Reb 2
Bilstein F4-BE3-A213-M0 Small Steel Shock w Ends, 6 Inch, Comp 4/Reb 2
Bilstein F4-BE3-F129-M1 73-88 A/G Body Shock Com 233/Reb 110
Bilstein F4-BE3-C751-M2 73-88 A/G Body Shock Com 154/Reb 197
Bilstein F4-BE3-F130-MI 73-88 AG Front Shock Comp 190/Reb 245
Bilstein AK6565F Front Street Shock, 73-88 A/G-Body, Comp 220/Reb 325
Bilstein F4-BE3-E249-MO 73-88 AG Body Shock Comp 219/Reb 358
Bilstein F4-BE3-A213-M1 Small Steel Shock w Ends, 6 Inch, Comp 2/Reb 4
Bilstein AK1054 Rear Street Stock Shock, 1970-81 Camaro
Bilstein S6G3030 Small Steel Shock w/ Ends-6 Inch Stroke, Comp 3/Reb 3
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
AccuAir and Speedway Motors team up to bring you a video series explaining the basics of air suspension. Watch these videos to get a better understanding of air suspension.
Tim demonstrates a quick and easy solution to removing dents in your sprint car torsion tube. Check out this video for a simple fix to a common problem.