Bendix Style Front Brake Kit for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12x2 Inch
5 on 5.5" Bolt Pattern, 13.63" Overall Diameter, 3.812" Overall Width, 1/2"-20 Thread Pitch
- Kit Includes brake backing plate assembly, drums, wheel hubs, bearings and seals for both right and left sides
- Self-energizing 12" x 1-3/4" or 12" x 2" backing plate assembly complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware
- New iron 12" x 2" brake drum and wheel hubs with 5" x 5-1/2" bolt circle
- Fits front of '37-'48 Ford cars and '37-'47 1/2 ton pickups
- Wheel cylinder inlet is 7/16"-20 straight thread, *NOT* IFF
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. This complete front drum brake kit includes backing plate assembly, brake drums, wheel hub, wheel bearings and seals.
Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups. The new 12" x 2" brake drums and wheel hubs are front early Ford car of the 1940 design which was slip-over drum configuration (brake drum mounts to the "front" side of the hub). Studs are installed on a 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle.
- (1) Bendix style brake backing plate assembly, pair
- (2) 12" x 2" Brake Drum
- (2) Early Ford front wheel hub, 5"x5-12" bolt pattern
- (2) Inner bearings
- (2) Outer bearings
- (2) Inner wheel seals
- (2) Inner bearing races
- (2) Outer bearing races
Wheel Cylinder Inlet: 7/16"-20 straight thread
NOT 7/16"-20 IFF
Inlet fitting will require a sealing washer or O-ring style fitting
Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center-to-center both horizontal and vertically
If using Model A or B spindles the holes will have to be elongated inward to fit the narrower bolt pattern
We recommend use of adapter rings 916-31928 to keep the spindle centered in the backing plate
- Spindle modification is necessary when installing these backing plates. Up to 1/4" of material may need to be removed on the top of the spindle. (Now available are ready-to-use spindles that feature this modification as # 910-32111)
- Our flat plate steering arms WILL NOT fit this backing plate.
- Wheel cylinders will need an O-ring or a sealing washer as they are not IFF fittings. If using with Model A or B spindles, the four bolt holes will have to be elongated inward to fit that narrower bolt pattern. We recommend using a 916-31928 adapter ring for this application.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 2 InchPart # 91065420Qty x 1
12 x 2 Brake Drum for Bendix Style 1937-48 Ford BrakesPart # 91065400Qty x 2
Speedway 1940-Design Early Ford Front Wheel Hub, 5 on 5.5 BPPart # 91065450Qty x 2
35-48 Ford Inner Bearing ConePart # 912T15118Qty x 2
35-48 Ford Outer Bearing ConePart # 912T09074Qty x 2
Front Wheel Seal 35-48 FordPart # 912S48190Qty x 2
Sprint Taper Hub Outer Race, SmallPart # 91215250Qty x 2
09074 Bearing CupPart # 912T09196Qty x 2
More Like This
Speedway Early Ford Spindle and Finned Buick Drum Brake Kit
Aluminum Buick Front Brake Drum Kit, 12x2, 45-Fin, Plates/Hubs
Speedway Early Ford Spindle/Bendix Drum Brake Kit
Ford 9 Inch Drum Brake Kit, Big Ford New Style, 4.5x5/4.75x5 BP
Hydraulic Brake Adapter Rings
Currie 96227 9 Inch Ford 11 x 2-1/4 Drum Brake Kit, 5 on 4.5/4.75 BP
Q & A
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Tim talks about the difference between juice brakes and self-energizing brakes.
You can slip these Finned Aluminum Buick Brake Drums on to any one of our 1937-48 Ford hubs or 12x2 Bendix brakes. No machining. No re-drilling. Not a cover. Just classic hotrod style.