Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Universal Fit, 7.00" Centerline of Holes, .31" Material Thickness, Steel, Zinc Plated
- Easily installs 11" rotors and '69-'77 mid-size GM single piston calipers to your '37-'48 Ford passenger car spindles or '37-'47 Ford pickup spindles
- No machine work needed
- Complete kits include new rotors and semi-metallic pads, new bearings and seals, new caliper bolts and calipers, along with caliper mounting brackets, bushings, hardware, instructions and brake hoses
- Choose either Chevy 5 x 4 3/4" bolt pattern
- Not for use with bolt-on steering arms
This basic front disc brake conversion kit allows you to easily install 73-77 GM mid-size 11" rotors (5 on 4-3/4") and 69-77 mid-size GM single piston calipers onto your 37-48 Ford passenger car style spindles. No machine work needed.
- 1973-77 GM brake brackets
- 1973-77 hardware
- Bearing and seal adapters
- Inner bearing cups
- Inner bearing cones
- Does not include dust caps, washers or spindle nuts
Item DetailsPre-1978 GM Caliper to Early Ford Spindles
Available in a chrome version as # 916-31902
- O.D. of the outer race is 1.0591"
- Width of the outer race is is .387", 9.84 mm or about 3/8"
916-31901 Instructions (PDf)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-1/2In
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
Basic Brake Kit, GM Metric Caliper/Mustang II Rotor to Chevy Spindle
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Metric Caliper Bracket
AFCO 40120 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 3/16 Inch Thick
AFCO 40121 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 1/4 Inch Thick
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper Bracket
Disc Brake Kit, 69-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Basic Kit 1974-80 Mustang II Brakes to 1949-54 Chevy Spindles, Steel
GM Intermediate Spindle to Metric Caliper Bracket, Right Hand
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Today we take a look at the differences between proportioning valves (both fixed and adjustable models) and the residual pressure valves we offer in this buyer's guide.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.