Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1955-64 Chevy Fullsize Car, Stock Spindle
5.50" Mounting Bolt Center to Center, .5" Material Thickness, Steel, Zinc Plated
- This basic brake kit for 1955 to 1964 full size Chevy cars allows you to source your calipers, rotors, and bearings individually
- Use with our 11" rotor 91065390 and GM Metric caliper 91031045
- Works with 14" wheels as long as they are a disc brake style wheel
- This kit will increase track width 7/8" per side or 1-3/4" total when installed
- Instructions are included to simplify installation
This kit allows you to put front disc brakes on your 1955-64 fullsize Chevy passenger car (Bel-Air, Biscayne, Impala, 150 Series, 210 Series) OEM spindles (will NOT work with dropped spindles). It will work with 14" wheels intended for disc brakes, as well as most 15" (or larger) wheels. Works with 5 on 4-3/4 inch bolt patterns.
Use with our 11" rotor 910-65390 and metric caliper 910-31045 (see Notes). This kit will increase track width 3/8" per side or or 3/4" total when installed.
- Brake brackets
- Specific only to full size Chevy spindle applications. Will not work with either dropped spindles or Buick, Olds, or Pontiac applications.
- Kit can be used with OEM 11" rotors from '69-'72 Chevelle/Monte Carlo, '69-'74 Nova, '70-'72 Cutlass/442, '69-'72 GTO/Lemans/Grand Prix, '71-'74 Pontiac Ventura.
- To use any of the above rotors, you will also need inner bearing assembly 912TS6. The outer bearing cone in the rotor is the correct one for your '55-'64 spindles (our replacement is 912TLM11910).
NotesUse with '69-'72 GM 11" rotors and '78-'88 GM metric calipers. Includes caliper brackets and hardware.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1958-70 Chevy Full Size 2 Inch Drop Spindle Caliper Bracket, Pair
Speedway Basic Brake Kit for 1955-57 Chevy Car
1955-57 Metric Caliper Bracket
1955-1957 GM Big Caliper Brackets
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-1/2In
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Basic Brake Kit, GM Metric Caliper/Mustang II Rotor to Chevy Spindle
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Metric Caliper Bracket
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper Bracket
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about finding a set of disc brakes for his 1949 Ford F1 pickup, with one caveat. He wants to use the factory wheels.