American Autowire 510760 Highway 22 Plus Universal Wiring System
Universal Fit, 22 Number of Circuits, Fuse Block Included, Compatible with GM Column
American Autowire's Highway 22 has long been the flagship universal system for wiring high-tech, high-end custom vehicles.
To this point, they’ve seen and heard evidence of customers installing the kit in just about every make or model vintage (and some modern) vehicle, off-road trucks and even industrial equipment.
They’re exceptionally grateful to be part of so many builds, and have taken note of some suggestions from over the years to make a great product even better. With those thoughts in mind, American Autowire is pleased to introduce the Highway 22 Plus!
Their goal with the changes in the Highway 22 Plus is to preserve the same feel as the original, with some modernization and ease of use improvements for both backyard and professional builders.
The full list of new features is below:
- Each kit will now include a built-in LED flasher to support LED turn signals without the need to purchase an additional item.
- They’ve added back up light feed and power wires to make the harness easier to install in a more modern vehicle.
- The pre-installed 20 amp relay can now be easily changed to function as either a keyed 12 volt or ground triggered item.
- They’ve improved our instructions to cite a wider range of examples and real-world scenarios. The panel labeling has also been updated along with the above physical changes, including wording modifications for enhanced clarity.
- The wiper circuit has been upgraded to a 20 amp fuse to support all aftermarket wiper systems. This has been made an accessory circuit for more adaptability.
- The AC/Heat fuse has also been moved to an accessory circuit to eliminate draw from the blower motor while the vehicle is being started.
- All kits will feature our new high amp alternator and main power connection kit. This allows for the use of high amp alternators, and provides an even better level of fuse protection for the panel and charging system. This new connection kit utilizes 6 ga wire and two 175 amp Megafuses.
- Extra connectors and wiring have been added to more easily support a 4-headlight system without an additional add-on purchase.
- Longer neutral safety wires for cars with console shifters.
These original features that made the Highway Series the most popular wiring system available are still part of the new Highway 22 Plus:
- G-10 composite panel base measuring 7.5”L x 4.5”W x 3.125”H, and nylon 6/6 panel components.
- GXL/XLPE GM color-coded wire.
- Easy-to-read wire labeling every 3”- 4”.
- Battery and accessory power expansion via heavy duty power studs on the panel.
- Self-locking screw clamp interface.
- American Autowire’s signature gauge cluster disconnect.
- Ignition, headlight and dimmer switches are included.
- Full-color, tabloid-sized, step-by-step instructions.
Main Power Panel (PDF)
Gauge Connection Kit (PDF)
Accessory Connection Kit (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
American Autowire 500695 Highway 22 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 500703 Highway 15 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 510004 Power Plus 13 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 510625 Route 9 Circuit Wiring Harness
American Autowire 510008 Power Plus 20 Circuit Wiring Harness
Deluxe Universal 22 Circuit Wiring Harness with Install Package
Universal 22 Circuit Wiring Harness with Install Package
Speedway Motors Universal 12 Circuit Mini Fuse Wiring Harness
Deluxe Universal 12 Circuit Wiring Harness with Install Package
Speedway Universal 22 Circuit Wiring Harness
Q & A
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.