American Autowire 510573 Classic Update Kit, 1976-86 Jeep CJ
76-83 Jeep CJ5, 76-86 Jeep CJ7, Fuse Block Included, Compatible with GM Column
Classic Updates are researched and developed to be the highest quality and most complete vehicle-specific modified restoration harnesses available today. Engineered to provide plenty of room for customization while taking the tedious parts out of the wiring job. Get a head start on your wiring project today!
Classic Wiring Kit Fits:
- 1976-86 Jeep CJ
Classic Wiring Kit Features:
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 30 amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- NEW compact ATO-Style fuse panel that is fully encased in a closed box assembly with two mounting pads (mounting hardware included). The fuse coverlid is labeled on the inside identifying all circuits by description and their respective fuse ratings. All high amperage output circuits incorporate the same superior spring steel reinforced terminals that are used in our Highway Series kits.
- Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Original switch connector bodies - an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a 'cluster harness disconnect' system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connectors (another American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster connections. The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges such as AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, STEWART WARNER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the left kick panel location and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors to mate into the stock Ford tail and back up lamp pigtail assemblies. A license plate lamp lead connection, as well as a fuel tank sender wire with tank unit connection is also included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All head light, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided for you to complete your custom installation.
Engine Kit (PDF)
Front Light Kit (PDF)
Gauge Cluster Kit (PDF)
Rear Body Kit (PDF)
Dash Kit (PDF)
Headlight Switch (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on Painless Wiring to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about the King Bee Headlight and a few conduit options available at Speedway Motors.
Pat shows off how easy wiring your LS can be with our LS wiring kit.
Unbox our most popular wiring harness with Tim.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Testing a 2 or 3 wire speed sensor sounds difficult, but these videos show that it actually is quite easy!
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.